OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 6 line (Bruce) is my favorite fish in the tank. Amazing coloration, always swimming around, does this little wiggle move in the front when he sees me. Co exists peacefully with 2 clowns, a blue devil damsel, and a lawn mower blenny in a 28g. He is the only fish that has never exhibited ANY aggression that I’ve seen. The only drawback to owning one: hard to get a good picture!

Oh, and I don’t have any pests :)
6A7CE18D-B412-425F-A520-FF76DFFB443F.png
What a gorgeous photo. Thanks much for the input! :)

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome Pics... I love 6 Lines one of my Favs
Thanks for the feedback! I definitely think they are attractive, but their aggression makes me nervous. It is good to hear that you and Magellan like them. :)

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback! I definitely think they are attractive, but their aggression makes me nervous. It is good to hear that you and Magellan like them. :)

They need a place to hide at night and build their slime coat, mine usually either finds a hole in the rock or swims inside my conch shell (yes I’m one of those people that has a great big huge honking conch shell in the tank!). I would imagine that he might be aggressive if he wasn’t comfortable at night, so perhaps that’s why some have issues?

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They need a place to hide at night and build their slime coat, mine usually either finds a hole in the rock or swims inside my conch shell (yes I’m one of those people that has a great big huge honking conch shell in the tank!). I would imagine that he might be aggressive if he wasn’t comfortable at night, so perhaps that’s why some have issues?
My sand bed isn't all that deep, but I do have a few caves he could hide in that currently aren't rented out at night. A conch would be awesome. :D

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sand bed isn't all that deep, but I do have a few caves he could hide in that currently aren't rented out at night. A conch would be awesome. :D

I don’t have a conch either, just a large shell I found at the beach. I did originally purchase a tiger conch, but after putting it in the tank and not seeing it move for several days I finally realized that the LFS had sold me an empty shell. It’s currently being used as a $5.99 frag plug.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My cat just vomited behind my couch. Occasionally she decides to poop in the bathtub. And that, ladies and gentlemen is why I spend thousands on my reef tank and not so much on her. That, and the fact that I don't think she could swim very well in my tank. Altho, she is snuggled up on my left side right now and purring. My tangs don't snuggle -- at least not willingly.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Dog as NEVER pooped in my tube... Dogs RULE..... Cats Drool...;)
I'm a dog person and not a cat person. She showed up as a stray and had kittens in our front bushes. Soon we were feeding her, and then she had a name. The rest is history. Our dog is awesome except for her constant conflict with our vacuum cleaner.

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only one of my dogs dislikes the Vac... But all 3 dislike cats... guess they get that from me... don't hate em... just don't want one... 2 sneaky... and they could care less if your home. my dogs practically break a hip tag waggin when I come home,, nothin like it and they will do crazy tricks to get popcorn... never seen a cat do tricks for popcorn..

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only one of my dogs dislikes the Vac... But all 3 dislike cats... guess they get that from me... don't hate em... just don't want one... 2 sneaky... and they could care less if your home. my dogs practically break a hip tag waggin when I come home,, nothin like it and they will do crazy tricks to get popcorn... never seen a cat do tricks for popcorn..
My cat will bring me lizards she finds outside. (She likes to hang out on our back patio.) She thinks she is giving me a present. Urgh! But no cool tricks for popcorn. ;Meh

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the cat named Messi. One heck of a cat. The couple adopted him because the petting zoo was going to put him down due to costly medical expenses.

I just watched this... now I need to put a cougar on my Christmas request list from my Secret Santa. ;Joyful

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it’s worth, I’ve taught my dog to recycle. Anything he can fit in his mouth he will put in the recycle bin from anywhere in the house. He also poops outside ;)
I wanted to laugh and say "Wow" at the same time. I'd love to see him put odds and ends into the recycle bin. How funny. :p

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back