OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its on my badge, its not much right now, but I have a bunch of updates when I get home and get to renovate :)
Build thread
OMG! I've been on this forum for over a year now, and I just learned that if you click the build thread badge, that it links you to the build thread. My mind is blown and I feel silly. At least I can always say that I'm learning something new all the time. Thanks! LOL

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG! I've been on this forum for over a year now, and I just learned that if you click the build thread badge, that it links you to the build thread. My mind is blown and I feel silly. At least I can always say that I'm learning something new all the time. Thanks! LOL
Well some people leave little nuggets on thier build badge so it doesn't always take you there ;Hilarious

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I was The Noob...

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just be wary of bumblebees. They will on occasionally predate other snails, clams, etc... I used 6 to assist with vermitids, and lost a few astreas and cyriths. But the vermetids are all but gone. And I had hundreds.

Last edited:

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on bumble bees being watch worthy. I had six in beginning found one munching on another snail and pulled em all. Vibrant worked wonders for me on Dino’s and bubble algae. It took its toll on chaeto and wanted a fuge or would be using it today still. Been tempted to go back to finish the gha and find dosevto maintain that let’s me have chaeto doing its thing still.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got the "My heater broke, I'm exhausted from work, and I found aiptasia in my sump" blues.
blues.gif

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing like a bad day piling it on. Hope ya got a spare heater to chuck in. I learned hard way last winter now have spares for heaters powerheads and return pump not top o line stuff but good in a pinch.
Hopefully aip is only in the sump
Other than that tho hiw was your day. o_O

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing like a bad day piling it on. Hope ya got a spare heater to chuck in. I learned hard way last winter now have spares for heaters powerheads and return pump not top o line stuff but good in a pinch.
Hopefully aip is only in the sump
Other than that tho hiw was your day. o_O
Yeah...I have a used backup. It should get me through until I can buy a nice one tomorrow. Actually, I think I'm going to buy two so they can divide and conquer. Plus it gives me another excuse to go to my lfs. As for my day... urgh! Nothing that dosing with a cabernet in a snowman cup can't handle. ;) Hope your day was a good one. :)

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried numerous times, but my three tangs don't want to pose for a picture all together. I can't even get them on video. My white cheek avoids the purple and the yellow because they pick on him if he gets too close -- he is the smallest. Who likes a school bully? But you would think they could get together, stop swimming, and smile for one silly photo for me. They are my favorite fish and they are unwilling to work with me on this. ;Woot;Snaphappy

Last edited:
OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I adjusted the flow again last night. I think I nailed it. Everything looks happy and puffy today. I just have to make certain that I don't move the Gyres ever again -- forever. Or at least until they get their next scrub down.

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I adjusted the flow again last night. I think I nailed it. Everything looks happy and puffy today. I just have to make certain that I don't move the Gyres ever again -- forever. Or at least until they get their next scrub down.
Flows a tough one to get right grats on nailing it down. For next cleaning I made a cardboard template to place dry side magnet and get it back in right space.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Good job! Always great to see your tank happy!

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm off to wake up an eighth-grader for school. I have better luck battling my dinos. Wish me luck.

I been both places. Wait till they come home from college. :)

Kids can lay down some hours. But they will be in my shoes soon enough.

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything looks happy but no pictures? :(

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flows a tough one to get right grats on nailing it down. For next cleaning I made a cardboard template to place dry side magnet and get it back in right space.
Brilliant! I'm stealing this idea. ;Peeking

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back