Too Many Fish?

Dansters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 36 gallon tank of with a ten gallon sump. Would a pair of clownfish, a diamondback goby, and a yellow coris wrasse be too much?

RWhitt907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 36 gallon tank of with a ten gallon sump. Would a pair of clownfish, a diamondback goby, and a yellow coris wrasse be too much?
This is a pretty small bioload for a 36 gallon. You could add a couple more fish if they occupy different parts of the tank. Midas Blenny for top swimming and maybe a Royal Gramma for swimming through the rock work. Also a hawkfish or algae blenny would perch on your rockwork.

OP
OP
D

Dansters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a pretty small bioload for a 36 gallon. You could add a couple more fish if they occupy different parts of the tank. Midas Blenny for top swimming and maybe a Royal Gramma for swimming through the rock work. Also a hawkfish or algae blenny would perch on your rockwork.
I would agree it’s a small bioload, but I’m having issues with GHA so I don’t want to stock too heavily rn.

apb03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that the bioload is quite reasonable. I'd invest in an Urchin and a boatload of hermits and snails to tackle the uglies.

RWhitt907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would agree it’s a small bioload, but I’m having issues with GHA so I don’t want to stock too heavily rn.
Definetly get some Urchins, snails and hermits. Emerald and Porcelain Crabs are cool too. Algae blennies will help a lot too.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back