Too many fish?

Crested

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I recently set up a Fluval Evo 13.5 gallon and am running it stock and doing weekly 20% water changes.
It is currently stocked with a small CUC, a firefish, and a yellow watchman goby. I plan on getting a pistol shrimp for the YWG at some point. My LFS has a neon goby that caught my eye the other day. I've seen them before but for some reason this little guy really interested me. So I'm wondering if that would be overkill?

-1 firefish
-1 YWG
-1 Randalls (randallis?) pistol shrimp
-1 neon goby

I'm assuming that it would be a little overstocked but hey, it doesn't hurt to ask haha
Thanks everyone

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would be okay eventually but you’re going to want to wait a substantial amount of time before you add another fish. Maybe another 6-8 months. If it’s such a new tank you’re most likely going to have bio load issues.

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you would have any issues adding that fish. They are so small I would be shocked if your tank even registered it as additional bioload lol.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that since you are basically talking about another nano fish that it won't affect things much.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 186 71.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 19 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 49 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.7%
Back