Too many mangroves?

Swine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, why not reverse or 24/7? Are you doing this for looks or have you noticed a drop in nitrates or phosphates?

OP
OP
D

Dylan J.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I ran it 24/7 red slime would take over the fuge. I do not have any algae what so ever in my tank and my phosphates n nitrates are pretty much 0

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang...I see where he only has 6-8 now. If you go back in his build to the earlier stages, he has a pic of 50 that had grown quite well for him. Without going through the thread, no sure why he reduced to so few!

Yup, i had 50 mangroves for the first year of my tank.
It was fine and I don't think it was too much for the tank at all. They grow way too slow and are one of the worst choices for actual nutrient export. I just had them cause it was fun.
Only got rid of most of them because I wanted to switch to a display refugium and no longer had room for that many. Now i'm concentrated on growing just a few, trying to get them to eventually grow into actual trees and really get some massive, strong roots.

OP
OP
D

Dylan J.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on going on to a bigger tank soon but yeah at the moment its a bit of over kill on the mangroves lol, going to have to move the light up high due to them pretty much in the bulb itself lol

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back