dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a question regarding flow. I currently have a

Jebao SCP-70 Sine Cross Flow Pump​

However it is on the lowest setting for a 40breeder and the flow seems very intense. Is this too much flow for my tank, primarily BTAs and soft coral. I also have a return pump from the sump running but the flow isn’t too much from that. Is there any recommendations to dampen the flow?

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're going to get a mixed bag of answers.
What might be too much for some reefers, isn't enough for others.
How are your corals and BTA doing? Do they look ticked off? Are they closed up? Are they happy like they are having a party in your tank?

WilyGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still playing around with my Jebao OW-25 in my 29, but it too seems too powerful. I dialed it all the way down to its lowest setting because my Montis were looking like I'd take sandpaper to them and one of my new acros is basically down to skeleton where the flow was direct. Toying with moving my Hygger over. Can't really aim it as well, but it has been solid in my 16 for 14 months. I like the interface on the controller compared to the Jebao dial.

OP
OP
dvgyfresh

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're going to get a mixed bag of answers.
What might be too much for some reefers, isn't enough for others.
How are your corals and BTA doing? Do they look ticked off? Are they closed up? Are they happy like they are having a party in your tank?
I currently have a black mesh over it with the ends packed with chaeto lol , if I don’t have it covered it seems to be blasting my coral , clove polyps/ Xenia/ anemones only swaying one way. You can kinda see how I have it in the pic , the issue is when I cover it I have to turn it on max setting and feel my flow could be higher. It’s a struggle wish it had a lower setting to I didn’t need a cover

Attachments

• 950D76C3-26D9-42D0-8F79-F01313B9DC95.jpeg
    950D76C3-26D9-42D0-8F79-F01313B9DC95.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 365

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a black mesh over it with the ends packed with chaeto lol , if I don’t have it covered it seems to be blasting my coral , clove polyps/ Xenia/ anemones only swaying one way. You can kinda see how I have it in the pic , the issue is when I cover it I have to turn it on max setting and feel my flow could be higher. It’s a struggle wish it had a lower setting to I didn’t need a cover
You can try and arrange the cages so that it doesn't blow directly into your corals. By moving the pump lower and positioning the cages up towards the surface might help, and also helps with surface agitation as well.

OP
OP
dvgyfresh

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try and arrange the cages so that it doesn't blow directly into your corals. By moving the pump lower and positioning the cages up towards the surface might help, and also helps with surface agitation as well.
Thanks for the suggestion I’ll have to try that later , I do have it upside down so the current blows upwards rather than down

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back