Too much flow?

jbonez_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like some opinions on the flow of my tank, I have a Sicce 357gph pump on max for my 20g IM. My Clowns tend to stay at the top left of my tank and my other one likes to stay at the back right near the return, they do come out and explore, the smaller one more than the big one but I'm starting to think possibly is this happening because of the flow?

I have two single nozzle returns and a Hygger wave maker on 60% power, when I turn off my return and wavemaker they pretty much start moving around. Curious if this would cause them to go and stay into corners of the tank or if they are just hosting it? I do not have any corals in the tank right now.

OP
OP
jbonez_

jbonez_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns will be clowns! I have around 16,000 gph of flow “sps tank” and they’re fine.. just weird fish lol
I figured it was just a clown will be clown scenario lol but sometimes the way that mf tightly hugs the corner makes me think there is too much flow.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured it was just a clown will be clown scenario lol but sometimes the way that mf tightly hugs the corner makes me think there is too much flow.
1 of my 4 swims around and will catch a wave and go flying across a 6ft tank haha!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back