too much flow

pam0630

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2013
Messages
272
Reaction score
0
Location
Aiken, South Carolina, United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there such a thing as too much flow...i have one 1500 koralia powerhead another which really isnt working that well and another 250 plus the returns that i have in the tank...should i buy another 1500 for the other side of my tank...its a 125 gallon 6ft tank
 
I do think that you can have too much flow. My 55 was at 74x, and nothing liked it. I am at 40x now and everything is much happier. But I doubt you would be having that issue with 1 head and your pump on that big of a tank. I was running over 1000 on return and 2 1200 heads, a 500 head and a maxijet 1200.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new