Too much flow?

Cj2322

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 21, 2019
Messages
4
Reaction score
18
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I have had a Innovative Marine 20 g tank set up since mid November and I added two clowns this past Thursday. I have an Auqa Gadget Desktop Wavelink DC Powerhead that is listed to circulate 165-1500 GPH. In the past I have only kept fish that require low flow so maybe I am being a worry wart, but I can help but feel like my fish are being pushed around in a water cyclone. How do I tell the difference between happy swimming fish and struggling to survive?
 
Hello all,

I have had a Innovative Marine 20 g tank set up since mid November and I added two clowns this past Thursday. I have an Auqa Gadget Desktop Wavelink DC Powerhead that is listed to circulate 165-1500 GPH. In the past I have only kept fish that require low flow so maybe I am being a worry wart, but I can help but feel like my fish are being pushed around in a water cyclone. How do I tell the difference between happy swimming fish and struggling to survive?

They should be able to swim into the flow without being pushed back.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new