top 4 forums. very interesting read

DarkTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at the description between rc and this one... I think I'll go with the friendlier one...

KRAZE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tides are turning for sure, just a matter of time

Kdocimo90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fortunately they are both offered on tapatalk. I'll try to keep up with the club on the new forum, despite being part of RC for 8-9 years.

OP
OP
chriskid

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fortunately they are both offered on tapatalk. I'll try to keep up with the club on the new forum, despite being part of RC for 8-9 years.
I too have been a member for 8 years, the treatment has been shameful recently. In this site has much more to offer the club as a whole not just the single individual. Be sure to check out our private link for store updates as this will become active very soon.

Vaiodude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef2Reef started in 2008 and is in the top 4 vs forums that have been around a lot longer. Very impressive!! It is also pretty cool the the founder is active on the forum and so welcoming!

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There just seems alot more going on over here. At every other forum it's all about posting tank pics or issues. That gets very boring after awhile. Over here there are contest and I'm sure other things like the live sales.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The live sales are very fun. I've done a couple now & it's very addicting. There's some great deals to be had. If your going to participate in a live sale, make sure you have some extra $ ready.

There's also a bunch of great vendors in here as well. AquaSD is awesome, probably my favorite. Charity corals is also awesome & they donate some of their proceeds which is very cool. Just watch out for mr.coral he stole $190 from me & never shipped anything.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The live sales are very fun. I've done a couple now & it's very addicting. There's some great deals to be had. If your going to participate in a live sale, make sure you have some extra $ ready.

There's also a bunch of great vendors in here as well. AquaSD is awesome, probably my favorite. Charity corals is also awesome & they donate some of their proceeds which is very cool. Just watch out for mr.coral he stole $190 from me & never shipped anything.

Mr. Coral isn't a sponsor any longer. If he never shipped, you could probably contact paypal about getting your money back. :thumb:

Last edited:

tyler91913

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris, did you write that article you linked to? JK.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the community dynamic is the same or different here on R2R.

I was never personally affected by RC drama, moderation issues, banning, etc. But I would get these weird senses that it was going on. Like you'd open a thread and there'd be a non-sequitur. Only later do you find out that smoe posts were removed by mods. Or veteran members who seemed like genuinely good and helpful people would all of a sudden vanish, and through back alleys you'd find out that they'd been banned. I never got close enough to see the nitty gritty of these relationship breakdowns. Internet-based communities are strange like that. People who might never be friends face-to-face end up really clicking online. And communicating strictly through the written word creates opportunities for people to offend and misunderstand in all kinds of ways that are not possible in real life. I often have to remind myself to give a person the benefit of the doubt. I'm glad that so many of you guys do as well.

J062682l

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it !! When I joined R2R There was only a few ctars members here, now the whole group is here activity is on fire daily , and this forum IMO is so much better !! I'm glad the bod made the decisions to move here. Thanks guys !

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too failed to experience any drama over at RC, so am happy to continue my personal association. If club business is better and more easily conducted here, so be it; I'm happy to contribute what I can. Value of any forum, Facebook as the most obvious example, is in the community of users. You can have the best interface, most friendly host, but if nobody shows up its rather pointless. Fact is, for me at least, that advanced and in depth discussions of certain tpoics can really only be had at RC. Maybe that will change, but for now RC remains essential to me.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I too failed to experience any drama over at RC, so am happy to continue my personal association. If club business is better and more easily conducted here, so be it; I'm happy to contribute what I can. Value of any forum, Facebook as the most obvious example, is in the community of users. You can have the best interface, most friendly host, but if nobody shows up its rather pointless. Fact is, for me at least, that advanced and in depth discussions of certain tpoics can really only be had at RC. Maybe that will change, but for now RC remains essential to me.

How in depth are we talking? I would like to know some detailed topics so I can take your feedback and make R2R a better place to discuss topics. Thanks. :)

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, first off, I'm new to R2R, so still yet to take its full measure (though my initial experiences are quite positive), but I'm not new to reefing. One of the old guard actually, being with the hobby for 25 plus years. So, I have quite specific topics that I look for. For example, I'm a Magnifica anemone keeper and often solicit advice from fellow obsessives on how best to tray a problematic animal. Those conversations only really work if the handful of other obsessives frequent the forum. Or looking for specific advice and experience in how best to successfully acclimate a group of pyramid butterflyfish. RC certainly does not do themselves any favors with heavy-handed moderators; but there are many topics that I just cannot get advice on anywhere else (and I am a member of a bunch of forums).

Happy to have a conversation in any way you'd prefer, here or via PM.

Last edited:

Bryan47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just made the move! Was wondering where everyone was

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, first off, I'm new to R2R, so still yet to take its full measure (though my initial experiences are quite positive), but I'm not new to reefing. One of the old guard actually, being with the hobby for 25 plus years. So, I have quite specific topics that I look for. For example, I'm a Magnifica anemone keeper and often solicit advice from fellow obsessives on how best to tray a problematic animal. Those conversations only really work if the handful of other obsessives frequent the forum. Or looking for specific advice and experience in how best to successfully acclimate a group of pyramid butterflyfish. RC certainly does not do themselves any favors with heavy-handed moderators; but there are many topics that I just cannot get advice on anywhere else (and I am a member of a bunch of forums).

Happy to have a conversation in any way you'd prefer, here or via PM.

Well thanks for the info and honestly I welcome members like yourself and highly value your input here as an experienced hobbyist. We haven't been around over 15 years like other forums but we are very healthy and growing even in areas that might be considered expert. Would love to have you help us continue to make R2R a success by participating in our forums. And just an FYI I am also a Magnifica keepr! I have had my current ritteri for 2 1/2 years now. :)

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/an...ractis-magnifica-ritteri-anemone-journey.html

[video=youtube;TpvQ-go7fg8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpvQ-go7fg8[/video]

Back