Top Down Thursday

@Chaswood79 do you have a build thread? I think I should be following
I do not have a dedicated build thread. The tank is set up pretty simple. 50 gallon cube with 2 hydra 52 hds, a skimmer, and small fuge growing chaeto.
 
What's your feeding like?
I have lost polyp extension on my acros.
Are yours like that all day?
Can't seem to figure why mine have retracted during the day.
 
My PE is like that while the lights are on. Less PE after dark. I’m not a big proponent of crazy flow. I have 2 mp40s set to 25% reef crest anti sync. I like the polyps flowing like tall grass in 10 mph winds
 
Last edited:
What's your feeding like?
I have lost polyp extension on my acros.
Are yours like that all day?
Can't seem to figure why mine have retracted during the day.
Yes I have great PE while the lights are on.
It’s a 50 gallon cube with 15 fish that I feed 2 frozen cubes of mysis, 1 full sheet of nori, 10-15 mls of phyto plankton everyday. I feed zooplankton 2-3 times a week. My no3 stays between 10-25 on salifert and po4 is usually around 0.20 ppm (60-70 ppb).
 
I
Yes I have great PE while the lights are on.
It’s a 50 gallon cube with 15 fish that I feed 2 frozen cubes of mysis, 1 full sheet of nori, 10-15 mls of phyto plankton everyday. I feed zooplankton 2-3 times a week. My no3 stays between 10-25 on salifert and po4 is usually around 0.20 ppm (60-70 ppb).

I think it's the flow. Looking at the pictures from almost 2 years ago. I only had one gyre 250 and my returns and I can see the polyps.
I have a 60g cube and the few acros I have in that tank do have polyp extension. That has a single maxijet.
Right now at night they all do. They are growing fine just would like to see something waving in the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new