Torch coral tissue damage?

Bars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently one of my powerheads went out. Didn't get a replacement yet, because I'm upgrading the tank in a few weeks and figured 2 powerheads would be fine.

What I didn't realize, is that one of my powerheads causes a constant, upward flow near my torches. They didn't seem to be bothered by it, so I didn't change things up. About a week ago I noticed my green torch looked a bit weird at its base, almost like the flesh is torn a bit. It's still doing just fine and the neighboring torches don't have any of this damage, but it still worries me.

I moved both remaining powerheads around a bit and now have a more randomized flow again, as well as very low flow around the torches. Perhaps not ideal for the other 2, but I don't have any space to move corals around without stinging each other to death. New tank will be here in about 3 weeks, so I guess it'll be fine for the time being.

Is this flow damage? Will this torch be fine? There's no coral nippers in the tank.

20210418_114627.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,looks like plenty of flesh there to make full recovery,keep an eye on for further recession .. :)

OP
OP
Bars

Bars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The flesh on the torch looks healthy and full. I would just keep an eye on it. The torch looks really happy and healthy.
hi,looks like plenty of flesh there to make full recovery,keep an eye on for further recession .. :)
Thanks! I'll leave the flow on the lower side as it currently is just to be sure :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back