Torch pest?

brycen17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I notice my hammer coral was starting to not look so healthy and then it got brown jelly disease and died.

then my torch coral starting receding even tho it still looked full and healthy expect for at the base. I took it out and dipped it after I got rid of the hammer coral. I then notice this weird thing on the skeleton and can’t tell what it is. Anyone got any idea?

It had been about a week since I dipped it and it appears that thing is maybe slowly going away.

thanks!

E2903B89-02AD-4CD9-AB6B-0BCCAB8DE9B2.jpeg 9706E2FE-4121-4E72-9C00-D8A24B52F0DD.jpeg

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't tell from pic. But have had clear colored nudibrannches that are LPS nuisance

Danny G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what this one is but I would say it should be removed from the coral. If you don’t mind me asking what was your dip process on this one. I haven’t seen anything like it but I had a torch with flat worms and it took about 3-4 months of dipping to fully get rid of it. I eventually went with a very aggressive 3 step dip process that seemed to work.

OP
OP
B

brycen17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you pull it off with some tweezers
I could barley get some of it off with tweezers it seemed to just tear apart. I got a pic of it up close of a little piece and will try to get a clearer pic with white light. Kinda looks like eggs of something to me but it also seemed like it moved when I tried to grab it but that may have just been the water moving.

OP
OP
B

brycen17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what this one is but I would say it should be removed from the coral. If you don’t mind me asking what was your dip process on this one. I haven’t seen anything like it but I had a torch with flat worms and it took about 3-4 months of dipping to fully get rid of it. I eventually went with a very aggressive 3 step dip process that seemed to work.
I just dipped it following the directions on coral rx dip, besides I typically mix it a little stronger. Basically just put the water in a tub and put the dip in it and add some iodine dip and then put the coral in it and move it around and blow water throughout the coral with a turkey baster for 10-15 mins usually.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Nudibranch consuming flesh. Place ice on it or as mentioned tweezers or take coral out and place i solution with lugols iodine

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.5%
Back