Torch placement on Zoa Patch?

jnhernandez1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I'm looking for some advise on placing a Torch coral. I love torches and any coral that shows the flow of a tank. I would like to remove some of my zoas and place it approximately where the attached picture shows red lines. I'm just wondering if the torch will fair OK surrounded by zoas. I'm not worried about the torch stinging / killing the zoas. I started with 4 zoa heads 6 years ago and I remove some of the new ones regularly .

My tank is about 6 years old. It has been pretty stables for the last 6 months. About a 1.5 years ago the tank went into a downward spiral after a heater went wild and I didn't adjust my dosing. I lost all my LPSs... the softies (my fish) and this zoa patch carried on. I got an APex and Trident, so it won't happen again. My biggest problem once I fixed everything was low nutrients. I was zero Nitrate and Phosphate... My palys and zoas went grey. But for the last 6 months I have been feeding and getting things back to normal and the color returned and things are growing.

Salt 1.0245
Alk 10.2
Calc 450
Mag 1350
Nitrate 2.5
Phos 0.25
pH 7.9 (I have a bit of trouble keeping this one high)

Any advise is welcome... thanks!

Tank 07312021 w Torch.JPG

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So long as your tank has achieved stability for a few months, I think the torch should do fine with those parameters.

I've got some torches that tolerate Zoas closer by and some that kill on contact. No way to tell where you will fall on that, but if you clear out a patch for it, you'll find out pretty quickly.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 91 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back