Torch Tips Question

aggrofish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a few Indo torches and they're all doing well, but on two of them the tips are elongated / pointed vs round. They are the two that are a little higher up and slightly more flow, but nothing crazy. Forgive the crap picture but this is a dragon soon that I got as a splitting single head, now it's 4 heads splitting so it's obv healthy. Anyone seen tips like this? Not really wanting to move it because it's growing. The second pic is of some other torches lower with rounded / normal tips. Anyone seen this?

torch.JPG

tempImageUctG18.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

aggrofish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tips were circular until I moved my tank about 5-6 months ago and glued everything down. A grim reaper right next to it has developed the same tips. So it has to be light or flow. If I can figure out which one I'll fix it

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My indo golds in low light and flow and now its deformed. My green and purple indo however is high light high flow and it has super skinny tentacles

OP
OP
A

aggrofish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's weird. I have a 24k, gold, dragon tamer, and NY Nicks lower in the tank but with more flow (based on their movement) and all are round tips. The NY nicks is super skinny tentacles and the others are super fat. I'm guessing if they keep growing new heads they're happy?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back