torches and BJD

xtianGEO

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2022
Messages
143
Reaction score
52
Location
Long Beach
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello, I have a 100g display tank with plenty of flow. It’s predominantly a mixed reef. I do a 10% water change weekly using Blue Bucket. No major issues.
I rarely target feed, but when I do, I use BenePets, Reef-Roids, Reef Nutrition clam, and rotifers. All of my SPS seem to love this stuff.

However, I’ve noticed that my torches seem to develop BJD after feeding. I suspect Reef-Roids because this has happened before, but I figured it might have been something else. I fed the torches again recently and have now lost some really expensive pieces.

Has anyone else had the same experience with target feeding torches, particularly with Reef-Roids, or noticed a connection with BJD?
 
Hello, I have a 100g display tank with plenty of flow. It’s predominantly a mixed reef. I do a 10% water change weekly using Blue Bucket. No major issues.
I rarely target feed, but when I do, I use BenePets, Reef-Roids, Reef Nutrition clam, and rotifers. All of my SPS seem to love this stuff.

However, I’ve noticed that my torches seem to develop BJD after feeding. I suspect Reef-Roids because this has happened before, but I figured it might have been something else. I fed the torches again recently and have now lost some really expensive pieces.

Has anyone else had the same experience with target feeding torches, particularly with Reef-Roids, or noticed a connection with BJD?
I personally havent made a connection of any of my torches death's too feeding, do you think the reef roids could be clogging their mouths/ irritating them?
 
I personally havent made a connection of any of my torches death's too feeding, do you think the reef roids could be clogging their mouths/ irritating them?
I don't know. parameters are stable, only change was the feed. I was hoping to leave it up to the community collective and extrapolate from reports
 
I don't know. parameters are stable, only change was the feed. I was hoping to leave it up to the community collective and extrapolate from reports
well hopefully no more falls to bjd good luck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new