Totally heart broken

Jamal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my little scopas who I've gotten as a pip squeaks has came down with ugh very visible in the matter of a few hours the last inhabitant added other than coral was a well mature yellow flank wrasse that I "FINALLY" got from my lfs dt so im a bit mystified its not my first ich rodeo but I'm torn now I have to rip apart my dt to remove 51 coral catch 6 clowns 1 purple tang 1 scopas 1 chevron a potter's angel a flame back 2 fairy wrasse and a little over 140 pounds of rock 18 inches from my bed and not get the place soaking wet or my wife will MURDER ME

OP
OP
Jamal

Jamal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In 6 hours I'll be ripping up my tank I'm just letting the corals feed and the wrasse rest since I figure they went to their sleep spots I'll leave an there until there out an about even if I turn the lights on now they won't come out they are use tho their little schedule

OP
OP
Jamal

Jamal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It won't let me upload all the pics

20170915_012830.jpg

20170915_013134.jpg

20170915_013342.jpg

20170915_012312.jpg

20170915_012447.jpg

Last edited:

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woah hold on a minute , why are you taking out the corals? To catch the fish? Corals can stay in the tank when running fallow, only the fish need to be removed to QT. Just want to make sure you know that ;)

Do you have a picture of the fish? Are you positive it is ich and not velvet? If it is velvet, you'd have to move very quickly and temporarily breaking it all down to catch them might be your best bet...but if it's ich, you might have time to try trapping them instead? It worked for me once, although I've been stuck on the last two fish this second time around....

It sucks, I'm sorry you are dealing with this. In the future, its best to QT everything you add to your DT...even corals, to make sure nothing sneaks in :/

OP
OP
Jamal

Jamal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The scopes has to many places to hide if I don't gut the tank

OP
OP
Jamal

Jamal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woah hold on a minute , why are you taking out the corals? To catch the fish? Corals can stay in the tank when running fallow, only the fish need to be removed to QT. Just want to make sure you know that ;)

Do you have a picture of the fish? Are you positive it is ich and not velvet? If it is velvet, you'd have to move very quickly and temporarily breaking it all down to catch them might be your best bet...but if it's ich, you might have time to try trapping them instead? It worked for me once, although I've been stuck on the last two fish this second time around....

It sucks, I'm sorry you are dealing with this. In the future, its best to QT everything you add to your DT...even corals, to make sure nothing sneaks in :/

I'm starting to think it came in on a frag I've been a little to coral Happy and when I get frags from friends systems that I help maintain an know like my own I tend to not dip to rigorously just a quick 2 minute dip in revive or me coral dip

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting to think it came in on a frag I've been a little to coral Happy and when I get frags from friends systems that I help maintain an know like my own I tend to not dip to rigorously just a quick 2 minute dip in revive or me coral dip

Coral dips may not be effective on fish parasites anyway, at least not encysted ones that would hitch in on corals. The only way to be SURE is to maintain a fishless coral QT and QT every new coral/invert for 76 days.

OP
OP
Jamal

Jamal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QT for that long may not work In my case I keep a 138G system right beside my bed n I'm cramped for space

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back