Trachy ID?

Reef Wizard

Octopus Enthusiast
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2022
Messages
1,857
Reaction score
4,130
Location
Middle TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone ID this trachy?
Does it appear healthy?
1000004153.jpg
 
Thats a trachyphyllia, if you mean the fancy retail name, then I don't know.

It looks kind of ok-ish, but its borderline. I don't like seeing its ribs like that, and the top of one side has a white spot.

It could be anything thats bothering it, but my first suggestion is make sure its in very low flow, high flow will make it recede like that.
 
Thats a trachyphyllia, if you mean the fancy retail name, then I don't know.

It looks kind of ok-ish, but its borderline. I don't like seeing its ribs like that, and the top of one side has a white spot.

It could be anything thats bothering it, but my first suggestion is make sure its in very low flow, high flow will make it recede like that.
I just got it yesterday paid 30 for it. The lights also were low in this picture so natural recession maybe I dont recall seeing it's bone structure. I definitely wouldn't have gotten it then. I'm going to wait until later and post a white lighting photo

I dont care too much for names but like to know when I can.
 
Wow thats a great deal for $30. If the lights were low or off then it might explain it. Let us know later when the lights are on. IME it is a hardy coral, as long as its in a low flow spot. Good luck.
 
Wow thats a great deal for $30. If the lights were low or off then it might explain it. Let us know later when the lights are on. IME it is a hardy coral, as long as its in a low flow spot. Good luck.
Yepp will be posting around noon.
 
Wow thats a great deal for $30. If the lights were low or off then it might explain it. Let us know later when the lights are on. IME it is a hardy coral, as long as its in a low flow spot. Good luck.
1000004188.jpg

This is what it looks like today
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new