Trachyphilla Damage

Jackmawer31

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 6, 2020
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Location
South west England
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Please could you advise me with my Trachy. I’ve managed to slightly rip the tissue of the coral. Just wondering what’s the best chance of recovery.

I hope it’ll just recover!

image.jpg
 
Welcome to R2R, can you get a picture under white lights please and how did it get damaged?
 
Welcome to R2R, can you get a picture under white lights please and how did it get damaged?
Thanks . I can try when I’m home. I was doing a water change and the hose slightly caught the end of the trachy
 
Thanks . I can try when I’m home. I was doing a water change and the hose slightly caught the end of the trachy

You are not the first and yes I have done it, when you get home rotate so that the damage is the low flow side once you get a pic and make sure non of the base flesh on the skeleton is touching sand, it is very delicate.
 
You are not the first and yes I have done it, when you get home rotate so that the damage is the low flow side once you get a pic and make sure non of the base flesh on the skeleton is touching sand, it is very delicate.
Okay! Will do so! I was on the very edge when the trachy was expanded. So not near the skeleton. But I’ll ensure it’s clean
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new