Transferring Corals with algae issues

indigo_reefs

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2023
Messages
12
Reaction score
2
Location
San Francisco
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Gonna keep it short, I have a 25 Lagoon with a few frags. Currently fighting with a dino and bubble algae outbreak to no avail, the frags in here are extremely unhappy.

I have a tank I set up about 4 months ago (just been cycling, nothing else is in there) and I'd like to move my corals from my 25 Lagoon into the other tank.

My question is, what would be the best way to do this without introducing the dinos and algae into the new tank? Would a coral dip be able to kill everything off? Or is there a way I could effectively quarantine the corals. I'm not sure what to do and I certainly don't want to stress the corals out too much, they've been receding for a few weeks now.

Thank you!
 
Some dips, such as, reef primer claim to kill that stuff. A h2o2 solution will definitely do it but can also harm corals without proper precautions.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 34.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new