Travesty's 10g floating reef

Glad I found this thread, very cool tank. I'm trying to do something similar with my new Waterbox, I just spent all day using silicone on magnets and getting them glued in...only to find the magnets wouldn't support the weight of the rock. Not even close. Wasnt a mega large rock either. I've read that you should only use ceramic magnets, but they are the weakest it seems, especially compared to neodymium
 
Glad I found this thread, very cool tank. I'm trying to do something similar with my new Waterbox, I just spent all day using silicone on magnets and getting them glued in...only to find the magnets wouldn't support the weight of the rock. Not even close. Wasnt a mega large rock either. I've read that you should only use ceramic magnets, but they are the weakest it seems, especially compared to neodymium
i used the rare earth strong whatever whatever magnets but they were epoxy coated so reef safe. i also added a super thin layer of silicone to the ones inside the tank for an extra precaution.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new