Trident controlled dosing results always lower than the target

AtisE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been loving how the trident and dos work together to adjust dosing. My current challenge is that while my target dkh is 9.50 and the limit is set to 50%, I just can't stay at 9.50. Calc is even harder. Any suggestions?

Alk Interval Summary.jpg Alk Readings.jpg Calc Interval Summary.jpg Calc Readings.jpg

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you set up the trident controlled dosing you need to give it a base amount to dose that needs to be close to the demand of your tank. It looks like that has amount is 160ml in the screen shots you posted above. The trident can only modify that amount by a certain percentage, so if your tank simply needs more calcium and alkalinity than that then the trident won’t be able to raise the levels.

I would try to bump up that 160ml to maybe 180ml and see how that goes. If it’s still too low then bump it up a little more. However, if you bump it up too much then you’ll have the opposite problem. The trident won’t be able to change the dose enough to stop your values from rising and they will continually be too high.

OP
OP
A

AtisE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you set up the trident controlled dosing you need to give it a base amount to dose that needs to be close to the demand of your tank. It looks like that has amount is 160ml in the screen shots you posted above. The trident can only modify that amount by a certain percentage, so if your tank simply needs more calcium and alkalinity than that then the trident won’t be able to raise the levels.

I would try to bump up that 160ml to maybe 180ml and see how that goes. If it’s still too low then bump it up a little more. However, if you bump it up too much then you’ll have the opposite problem. The trident won’t be able to change the dose enough to stop your values from rising and they will continually be too high.
I'll bump up the amounts and see what happens. I used to dose 30ml while the corals were in the 40gallon, and today's dosing is already at 192ml... Lots of coraline algae already on the new rockwork so not complaining. :)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 21 16.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 88 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back