Trident FAQ (official)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

sticksreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the weight of the trident with the reagents? Since i will need a shelf to have the trident above the aquarium (aio tank no sump).

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the Lets Talk Reef video they said that you should absolutely not put the sample line in an area where micro-bubbles.
I saw that, which is a lot of my sump except my return section, which is where I dose. That’s why I was curious about this. Hoping a nsi or Terence will give suggestions. Thank you though!

Comic_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you please note what the shelf life of unopened reagents is in general? Trying to figure out how far in advance I should buy new reagents

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you please note what the shelf life of unopened reagents is in general? Trying to figure out how far in advance I should buy new reagents
He mentioned in the video that they are trying to keep the sales limited per individual so there isn't a "hoarding situation", and that the shelf life was about a year.

Comic_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He mentioned in the video that they are trying to keep the sales limited per individual so there isn't a "hoarding situation", and that the shelf life was about a year.

Perfect, I do not plan of hoarding them, I like to stay fair minded and leave enough for everyone since I know they will be in high demand. Hope everyone has a chance to use one.

Salt_Creep

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if there is any head lift to the waste line? I have a manifold that runs to a drain, but it is about 2 1/2 feet above where I planned to put the unit. I have left a port available just for the waste but hadn't thought about lift.

JimWelsh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if there is any head lift to the waste line? I have a manifold that runs to a drain, but it is about 2 1/2 feet above where I planned to put the unit. I have left a port available just for the waste but hadn't thought about lift.
That will be fine.

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok here is an actual question. If you shutdown your trident for say a tank move or something. How long is the reagent still in the unit good for? I assume it’s less than the 1 year shelf life since the bottles have been opened to air.

dcmartinpc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok here is an actual question. If you shutdown your trident for say a tank move or something. How long is the reagent still in the unit good for? I assume it’s less than the 1 year shelf life since the bottles have been opened to air.

My understanding is the shelf life once opened is approximately 2 months. That is the reason for the 4/2/2 testing schedule.

Don

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess I’m getting the new apex meanwhile while they re stock! Super excited about this product.

Is it mandatory to test Mg ?

chromis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can the Trident can be configured to test water from more than one tank ( or will there be a model with multiple inputs in the future)?

Is the Trident capable of on-demand measurement or can it only measure according to the set schedule? It would be helpful for testing water from multiple tanks on one unit to have a “measure now” function.

ReeferBud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Terence does the trident offer the programming option to test Alk at a lower frequency than 4x/day? Or is that a pre-programmed “minimum”? Thanks.

Juniorh2r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To begin, let's try and at least read/watch the information at the top of the post before asking questions. It will become super repetitive and arduous for us and others to keep answering the same questions over and over again.

Dispose of the waste in the same manner that you would dispose of the waste from your existing test kits.

No product like this has ever been announced.

The black tube is the intake/sample line. It cannot be cut. Neither can the waste line. This is in the FAQ above.

There is no "monthly cost." users will test at the frequency they desire and consume reagents accordingly. The recommended maintenance should not be something to get hung up on. How many other companies actually tell you this upfront in this manner. At any point. We will have a kit available for under $100 or you can send it in to us for slightly more. If you want to do the math and amortize that over 18/24/30 months that is your choice again. This is the RECOMMENDED not required service interval.

For the recommended maintenance from us, we will have a "hot-swap" type advanced replacement option. If that is not desired, setting the DOS to the mean level of the last days dosing until the new one returns should be just fine. After all, dosing requirements should not rise that much in that timeframe.

The Trident has 5 feet of sample line tubing. You can mount it above your sump level.

They are referring to the sample line.

While we understand your point, we cannot control what the Canadian government and FedEx decide to charge. Our only other option was to not have units for the Canadian market at launch. The testing schedule reasoning was explained in the FAQ and livestream today.

This is exactly the kind of post I would use as an example of unhelpful in this thread. Calling us shady is a non-starter to respond to what was likely a valid question. But for the sake of the thread I will ignore that and answer anyway.

Many (most) products do not disclose this at all to their customers in their marketing communications, let alone enumerate the costs, and almost certainly not ahead of launching the product. There are many things we have had to understand and decide on all the way up until today. This is one of them. We are not required to answer every question as they come up in forums - especially when we don't yet have an answer.

About us pulling down videos, well that was an oversight on our part, those should have been private from the outset.

As far as whether or not it was going to be brought up, if it would help quell some of that sour cynicism, I will take a pic of my outline tomorrow and post it here.

We believe we are a very open company when it comes to communications with hobbyists and enjoy engaging in forums like this. However, throwing out negative innuendo like this is not helpful in terms of us trying to get out the information sought. Please ask the questions and we will do our best to answer them.
Thank you for the replies unfortunately Theres always someone negative. And I can't wait to get it.
Question will you sale a container like the video that tells you when its full?

Juniorh2r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question now how many apex dos would I need to run alk mag and cal I see theres two pumps on each so if I buy 2 that would be 4 pumps I would I have a left over one correct?

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question now how many apex dos would I need to run alk mag and cal I see theres two pumps on each so if I buy 2 that would be 4 pumps I would I have a left over one correct?

Yup yup. Although bare in mind there are things like Tropic Marine ALL-FOR-REEF that combines Alk/Calc/Mag and other elements. So depending on what dosing solution you use, you may not need 4 dose heads. It really just depends on your system.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back