Trident FAQ (official)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean “Neptune Target Levels” I don’t think they are telling people where to keep their parameters. You program your own parameter targets.
Guessing you mean the default entries for target alk, ca, and mag in the task?

I noticed they matched the numbers from the BRS/WWC hybrid series. But also imagine they had to pick some default you can of course change.

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Replace just B&C. Then, click the gear in top right of Trident on apex fusion, then click Trident at the bottom, scroll down to reset and select B&C. Upload and they will reset. Then go back in do the same but prime instead of reset.

Neptune needs a task for this but this works.
The same thing happened to me last time and I just replaced all three. I figured that saving the extra A wouldn’t really buy me much since you need to buy the reagent as a kit with all three anyway, plus doing it all at once meant that I wouldn’t have to go back in a week or two just to replace the A.
Thank you, I just replaced the b&c as I had to run out of the house. I figured this gives me an excuse to run a bunch of manual alk tests for the next few days and then I'll swap in A so I am basically in sync as the second poster said.

So kind of a hybrid of the two.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have, pretty close. I actually have an ICP test out right now that I should have the results for any day. I can post for comparison when it comes.

You cant compare the trident alkalinity with an ICP test - since an ICP test can't test alkalinity. Ca and Mg may work

cperry7467

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You cant compare the trident alkalinity with an ICP test - since an ICP test can't test alkalinity. Ca and Mg may work
You can test it, ATI tests it in their ICP test. I think the concern is that it will change during shipping and over time that makes the result not really an accurate sample of your tank at that point in time. However, for what it's worth the ATI ICP tests are usually within .5dkh of what my tank was when I took the sample. I don't use the test result for Alk in the ATI ICP other than a reference point to make sure my test kit and Trident are reading right. At one point my results were around 7dkh, my Hanna was 8.5 so I replaced my reagent and found my reagent was bad.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can test it, ATI tests it in their ICP test. I think the concern is that it will change during shipping and over time that makes the result not really an accurate sample of your tank at that point in time. However, for what it's worth the ATI ICP tests are usually within .5dkh of what my tank was when I took the sample. I don't use the test result for Alk in the ATI ICP other than a reference point to make sure my test kit and Trident are reading right. At one point my results were around 7dkh, my Hanna was 8.5 so I replaced my reagent and found my reagent was bad.

They do the same alkalinity test as you can get in a second kit (at the store - or -perhaps a better quality one). The point is - you cant measure alkalinity with ICP. ICP measures individual elements - not compounds.

SteveM10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just installed my Trident and when I plugged in the 1link on my DOS the Trident light flashed Blue then changed to a flashing Orange light and the initial set up says Waiting For Module To Attach. Anyone know why? I have searched everywhere and do not see an answer to this issue. Thanks.

vhuang168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You cannot connect anything to the 1link port on the DOS. That is for you to connect the DOS to a 1 Link module or the 1Link ports on the EB832.

jonmos75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just installed my Trident and when I plugged in the 1link on my DOS the Trident light flashed Blue then changed to a flashing Orange light and the initial set up says Waiting For Module To Attach. Anyone know why? I have searched everywhere and do not see an answer to this issue. Thanks.

You can not connect the Trident to the DOS using the 1LINK port on the DOS.

That setup is not supported the 1LINK port on the DOS is intended as an INPUT only to supply power and communications to the DOS, it is not an output for other modules.

Please connect the Trident to one of the EB832 1LINK ports or one of the 1LINK ports on a 1LINK module.

SteveM10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, that would explain it. Do you know if you can use the power supply cord that came with the DOS to supply power to the Trident?

jonmos75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, that would explain it. Do you know if you can use the power supply cord that came with the DOS to supply power to the Trident?

You can, but that will only supply power and you will need a AquaBus cable for the communication. However how are you going to power the DOS motors?

You can use the 1LINK Cable and go from the EB832 1LINK port to the DOS 1LINK port (This will give power and communication)
Then use the AquaBus cable from the DOS to the Trident and plug the DOS 24v power supply into the Trident and a standard wall outlet. This will then provide the power and communication for the Trident.

SteveM10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have any EV832’s. I ordered the power cable for the Trident and will use that with a AquaBus cable. That is the only way I can do it. Thanks for all the info.

rtyoung99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a trident which shows Alkx9 and Mgx9 but no Calx9 under trident in input log. It also stop showing the data log for calcium on 7/28. I checked the fluids and the trident is drawing fluid from the "B" container but there's no data reported. Is it a software issue or hardware?

Hogan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Terence I'm out of reagents and my LFS (where I bought the trident) said they can't order more. I ordered some from your website and am hoping it's in stock. The question I have is if the trident goes 72 hrs without running a test (no reagent), will it screw it up? Will I just need to re-calibrate it?

Question 2, my calcium is all over the place with a couple hundreds points in a day. I've watched it to see if I can see some kind of pattern, but I can't find one. I've manually tested daily with the red sea test kit and it's been consistently between 390 and 410. Any idea's what would cause this (graph below of calc)
1565031652089.png

Last edited:

dakoop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My trident will only test when I manually hit test all. I have verified it is set to automatic but still no tests

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Terence I'm out of reagents and my LFS (where I bought the trident) said they can't order more. I ordered some from your website and am hoping it's in stock. The question I have is if the trident goes 72 hrs without running a test (no reagent), will it screw it up? Will I just need to re-calibrate it?

Question 2, my calcium is all over the place with a couple hundreds points in a day. I've watched it to see if I can see some kind of pattern, but I can't find one. I've manually tested daily with the red sea test kit and it's been consistently between 390 and 410. Any idea's what would cause this (graph below of calc)
1565031652089.png

So the first question - address to Neptune directly - and complain a little bit to your LFS - they should have thought of this beforehand (i.e. that they didnt have reagents when they sold you the unit).

As to the calcium - have you checked for air bubbles, etc - in the line - that is the usual suspect - otherwise its Neptune support..

VikS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody faced this issue before? I replaced my reagents (all 3) last night using the task feature in fusion. Next 6 ish readings were good. Last 2 readings though are trending down on all 3. I run a calc reactor and don’t expect this kind of swing. Verified with my Salifert kit and trident reading are wrong.

D173CAB3-D5DB-46B1-A8E8-7169835FCFC8.jpeg 0129064B-7815-4CE3-965C-969DE209383E.jpeg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back