Trident FAQ (official)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bastray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When using the Trident controlled dosing, is there a testing schedule that is better than another to keep the levels stable. Right now I'm testing 6 times a day and it seems fine. If I drop to 4 does that lessen the stability? If I increase it to 8 does that actually increase the stability? Or is it so negligible it doesnt matter what my testing schedule is?

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size is the nipple for the Trident waste hose? I want to add a nipple to my waste container to attache the line. Thank you

Supareefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After updating apex, it now says "A module is running outdated software" its my trident.

how do you update the trident ?

jonmos75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After updating apex, it now says "A module is running outdated software" its my trident.

how do you update the trident ?

The icons and layout have slightly changed in the video, but you will get the just of how to update the modules

JAMSOURY

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Seeing how many people calibrated their trident. So it’s not necessary if numbers seem good?

Tuoixuanxanh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there issue fusion 7/26? All the data on my trident is gone and trident orange light flashing.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
seems like its working fine

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seeing how many people calibrated their trident. So it’s not necessary if numbers seem good?

If all else fails follow the directions:)

Hogan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running the Trident for about 2 weeks now. It runs pretty well and had actually been really close to what I manual test as a spot check until yesterday. For some reason all of a sudden it gave a calcium reading in the 200's. I though it was a fluke, so I had it do another test and the reading came back in the 200's again. I checked it when I got home and it tested (red sea) around 370 which it right where it had been running. Later in the evening, the trident tested back up in the 350s so I thought all was right in the world. But, it just test and did it again back in the 200s. Any idea why it's doing this?

Also is there a way to just have it test calcium instead of all of the tests? I see it can test just alk, but I don't see a button for just calc.

1564176303512.png

Last edited:

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running the Trident for about 2 weeks now. It runs pretty well and had actually been really close to what I manual test as a spot check until yesterday. For some reason all of a sudden it gave a calcium reading in the 200's. I though it was a fluke, so I had it do another test and the reading came back in the 200's again. I checked it when I got home and it tested (red sea) around 370 which it right where it had been running. Later in the evening, the trident tested back up in the 350s so I thought all was right in the world. But, it just test and did it again back in the 200s. Any idea why it's doing this?

I am not sure if this would cause high or low readings but any chance there are microbubbles sneaking in to the line during that time (like a skimmer overflow or something changed)?

Hogan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure if this would cause high or low readings but any chance there are microbubbles sneaking in to the line during that time (like a skimmer overflow or something changed)?

That's a good idea that I hadn't thought of, but I don't think so. The only thing that could cause micro bubble is if the ATO was on right when it was testing. But the odds of that happening over and over every time I tell it to manual test aren't very good.

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a good idea that I hadn't thought of, but I don't think so. The only thing that could cause micro bubble is if the ATO was on right when it was testing. But the odds of that happening over and over every time I tell it to manual test aren't very good.
How far apart in time were the two 200's tests?

Hogan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It also wasn't just one test. I had it do 3 or 4 manual tests after I got the initial 200s test and they were all consistent in the 200s. Same thing today.

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It also wasn't just one test. I had it do 3 or 4 manual tests after I got the initial 200s test and they were all consistent in the 200s. Same thing today.
Sorry I missed the graph. If it were just those two which look to be around the same times each day I would suspect something acting in the tank to change the water that gets sucked in (ATO running, microbubbles in sample, bubbles in calcium dosing assuming you are, consumption spiking during lighting and not being replenished by dosing until later etc.) But if it were multiple manual tests then I am stumped.

I have two running on two tanks and they have been rock solid consistent (following trends of course)and only once did I get a test that was ~30ppm off on the calcium from before that and after but I chalked that up partially to margin of error they report and maybe a bit of a spike in consumption (was during lights).

As per your first post questions, there is only the option for Alk or Combined (all three) no option for just Ca, Mag or Ca+Mag

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question re: controlled dosing:

Does it adjust the total & frequency within a dosing period or adjust only the amount in a single dose?

Reason I ask is I have it setup on a coral QT tank that at the moment doesn't have many frags so isn't consuming too too much. One of the dosing periods is something like 47 doses of .1 ml each. I can't imagine the DOS can do .135 or .65 ml (aka +/- 35% of .1ml) in a single dose so I am not seeing adjustments being made and therefore am assuming it doesn't adjust the overall amount/frequency just each dose in a period which makes sense to me but wanted to verify.

Edit: (nevermind)
I did the math wrong (somewhere in there I stopped having 60 mins in an hour! - must be a monday thing)
It is actually set to dose .1ml every X mins but the interval is changing over the course of today so it has been making a difference in frequency! This is extra awesome)

Last edited:

robmiller2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My calcium test is way off, measuring over 600. I tested with both my Hanna and Red Sea test kits and they were 417 and 422. My Alk and Mag have not had any testing trouble. Why would this be happening? I calibrated about two weeks ago now.

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About how long after the trident tests does it take for it to show results in fusion? Mine has tested combined but now showing results.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back