Trident FAQ (official)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

sticksreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do i reset the message “waste full” from the trident? After i cleaned the waste container?

Thank you

mginani

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this has already been asked. Can you plug the trident 1link cable into available 1link port on the DOS if you do not have the EB832 and do not have the power supply and extra cable?

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this has already been asked. Can you plug the trident 1link cable into available 1link port on the DOS if you do not have the EB832 and do not have the power supply and extra cable?

Unfortunately not. The 1Link port on the DOS is intended to connect and power the DOS, not provide power to another device.

If you don’t have an EB832 or a 1Link module then you will need an aquabus cable and a separate power supply for the trident.

mginani

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do even get the power supply?. Can you just use an adapter from Walmart?

Wasatch.Wired

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question about Trident, Apex Notifications. Can it be programmed to alert me every time a test completes?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello Trident Community,
I got my trident about a week ago!
With that being said for the most part 2 out of 3 chemicals are working fine.
The chemical that I am having a hard time matching is my Alk.
I waited 72 hours prior to doing the initial trident initialization with the white container.
I did a check and all chemicals were on except my alk. I used my Hanna checker it is reading 7.9 while my trident is reading 7.21.
This is a large difference, any advice on how to fix this? Don't want to bleach my acros especially my homewrecker

how do you know which is right? Did you calibrate the trident? To me that would be the one to believe

reefwreak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex Noob question (I've been very happy so far with default functionality):

Is there a way to look at my alkalinity (or CA/Mag) over 30 days, instead of just the 7 day view and sliding around? What about 90 days (though I don't have data for that yet)? I haven't really played with data historically, but now that I'm on the Trident, I'm more engaged with the results.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so now the big question is its been 2 months since the release, so how long does it take for the supply to catch up to the demand?

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

bonomo53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So added some putty to my rocks and my skimmer went nuts creating a ton of micro bubbles I'm sure some of these got in the inlet tube of the trident. Is there something that needs to be done to clear them out? I know on the initial setup it said to avoid places in the sump with micro bubbles.

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So added some putty to my rocks and my skimmer went nuts creating a ton of micro bubbles I'm sure some of these got in the inlet tube of the trident. Is there something that needs to be done to clear them out? I know on the initial setup it said to avoid places in the sump with micro bubbles.
Any bubbles which got sucked into the sample line will be cleared at the start of the next test cycle when it draws fresh tankwater for that next test.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any bubbles which got sucked into the sample line will be cleared at the start of the next test cycle when it draws fresh tankwater for that next test.

+1. And if you want to be extra sure, you can also go to Configure Trident and Prime just the Sample line.

phixman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long does testing take ? The neptune site says it takes ~7 minutes per test, so about 21 minutes to do all 3, it is 51 minutes into testing and the trident is still testing. Also, I noticed it is using more than 8 ml of water per test

rkpetersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long does testing take ? The neptune site says it takes ~7 minutes per test, so about 21 minutes to do all 3, it is 51 minutes into testing and the trident is still testing. Also, I noticed it is using more than 8 ml of water per test

When functioning normally, it is 7 minutes per test.
If it's not getting results that make sense, it will repeat the test sequence, resulting in longer times and more sample water and reagent use.
If the issue persists, I'd do a calibration run. If it still persists, I'd put in a ticket with Neptune support.

rkpetersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to look at my alkalinity (or CA/Mag) over 30 days, instead of just the 7 day view and sliding around? What about 90 days (though I don't have data for that yet)? I haven't really played with data historically, but now that I'm on the Trident, I'm more engaged with the results.

Nope. Same 7 day viewing limit as with the graphs for pH and other probes.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back