Trident FAQ (official)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

pmiggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made reset error on reagents. My A bottle was empty and my B and C were at 48% . But I made the error to reset all all 3 too 100% what should I do to get everything back too a 100 b 48 c 48 ?

ddrueckh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is there no task to reset waste? Seems like a good place to have it since I can do just about everything else there. It is kind of buried where it is. Thanks.

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sent the ever so frusterating turd of a reefbot back to reef kinetics and got a trident with my refund! never been happier!!

Screenshot_20191115-085955_Samsung Internet.jpg
Question, I just got mine last night from my LFS...Does the Trident have the ability to automatically log the test results? Where do I go to enable that feature?

PigFarmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question, I just got mine last night from my LFS...Does the Trident have the ability to automatically log the test results? Where do I go to enable that feature?
yes it logs every test. click on the trident icons that look like scientific beakers etc. 1st click will bring up your graph with chartes test results and if you click a 3rd time it will then show you the % of reagents remaining

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes it logs every test. click on the trident icons that look like scientific beakers etc. 1st click will bring up your graph with chartes test results and if you click a 3rd time it will then show you the % of reagents remaining
Thx for the reply. I saw that option. I was actually referring to the Log used by the Test Kits...There is a log that is generated once you either input it manually or use Alexa to input it for you and it stays there until you remove it.

log.png

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx for the reply. I saw that option. I was actually referring to the Log used by the Test Kits...There is a log that is generated once you either input it manually or use Alexa to input it for you and it stays there until you remove it.

log.png
WAIT...I see what you were referring too....The Log i screen captured is for "Test Kit" Logs, whereas Trident keeps it own....Thanks again.

Diznaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple questions about the hoses (intake/waste). How long are both of them? Are they easy to kink/pinch? If so they look pretty small like they might fit inside a 1/4" push connect to protect them? I think I saw the drain line can't be extended either (I get why the intake can't be). I have a drain nearby but it's 5-6 feet away, I don't see why I couldn't "extend" the waste line with a much larger line/pipe sloping to drain. That wouldn't be any different that dumping in a container.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can ‘extend’ the drain line by directing it to a larger hose as long as an ‘air gap’ persists .... that’s what I’m doing.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn’t seem like Neptune is monitoring this thread anymore, but just in case they are ....

Any new information in the health check for trident? Mine is now almost 6 months old and I seem to recall that a health check was recommended at a year. Is that still the case? What will be the procedure? Thx.

U

User1

View Badges
Just got back my ATI ICP test. Trident seems to be doing well. Interesting enough I was running low with my B and C reagents which I think was causing my CA to report high. I've since replaced those reagents and CA reported 431 during the test this morning which is close to what ATI reported.

Pretty neat. I've also run a manual ALK test using my Hanna checker and it is inline with the numbers below. Super awesome sauce product. Glad I picked one up.

1575392407352.png

This mornings results:
1575392585058.png

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my own thread on my issue, but thought I would post this here as well.

"Has anybody else noticed or read about an potential issue with the Trident testing? I run my tank on the higher side (alk 10, cal 465, mg 1500) and I have noticed that at noon my cal is 468 and at midnight it is 486. It has been like this for the past week (was set up November 18th). I have not been dosing for the past 1-1.5 weeks so I am not sure what is going on. I manually tested before setting up and everything was spot on so I continued dosing manually and was going to wait to set up automatic dosing until I knew the Trident was consistent and accurate. If I am not dosing, I do not understand why the cal would be fluctuating that much while alk has steady and very slowly been declining (was 9.95 dkh on 11/29 and is now 9.15)"
"I am doing the minimum testing (4,2,2). No lights/light spill at night (midnight) as lights go off at 8:30. Trident is on an end table next to my tank so the only light spill, if any, would be during the day. But it sits quite a bit lower that the tank so I don't think there is any light spill to it. I didn't think about that being a potential issue so I'm glad you brought that up. I decided to place it where it is so that I don't have to climb underneath the tank to change out reagants."
Mag has slowly been increasing as well without dosing anything for the past 1-1.5 weeks

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This seems to be making the rounds. One-off, or is this going to be every time?

U

User1

View Badges
This seems to be making the rounds. One-off, or is this going to be every time?

It is a note that comes with the reagents. At least that is where I got mine from when I opened the box.

psionicdragon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I program the following?

if alk is x then turn off reactor
If cal is below x then turn on dozer for x min

Mr4000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how i program my trident for my Calcium reactor
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Alkx3 < 9.30 Then ON
If Alkx3 > 9.35 Then OFF
It keeps my alk and cal very stable. My reactor is a Deltec Twin tech 1500. Its electronic controlled so i don't know if this will work with a regular reactor. Keeps my ph higher also as the reactor is not running all the time.

Emon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anyway to convert the waste line hose to fit r/o line?

psionicdragon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how i program my trident for my Calcium reactor
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Alkx3 < 9.30 Then ON
If Alkx3 > 9.35 Then OFF
It keeps my alk and cal very stable. My reactor is a Deltec Twin tech 1500. Its electronic controlled so i don't know if this will work with a regular reactor. Keeps my ph higher also as the reactor is not running all the time.

Thanks Mr4000!

Do you have the recirc pump off too? Can you elaborate on the "electronic controlled"?

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started a new thread but figured I would post this here as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello everyone! I have had my Trident up and running for a couple of months and love it. However, it always seems that my B and C reagents run out before my reagent A. I am running the minimum test of 4x a day. See below. It is showing Reagent C is low with about 30 more tests on Alkalinity(Reagent A). It will not allow me to run any manual Alk tests like this. I was thinking of just resetting the Reagent C but I don't want to run the risk of messing up the trident if this isn't recommended.

1578335495957.png

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started a new thread but figured I would post this here as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello everyone! I have had my Trident up and running for a couple of months and love it. However, it always seems that my B and C reagents run out before my reagent A. I am running the minimum test of 4x a day. See below. It is showing Reagent C is low with about 30 more tests on Alkalinity(Reagent A). It will not allow me to run any manual Alk tests like this. I was thinking of just resetting the Reagent C but I don't want to run the risk of messing up the trident if this isn't recommended.

1578335495957.png

Sure you can reset B and C. But note that it will result in sucking air and getting bad results at some point.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.1%
Back