Trident FAQ (official)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

kensomebody

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I became impatient a few months ago and bought a Trident from third party seller. It worked for a few months no problem, but with the last reagent change it started having problems. First, the reagent wouldn't prime, then said the water wouldn't prime. I cleared lines, made adjustments, started it over, and each time it worked for less time (a few days, then a day, then nothing-never primed). Now, it won't even restart properly...just keeps saying "Initializing..." the start up process, but never finishes. Firmware up to date before all this started. I've heard Neptune won't support third party purchases. I don't care about warranty per se, I just want it fixed and don't know how to get this done. Any information for an issue like this and how to get it fixed? Anyone with similar situation or resolution? Thanks for any and all advice or experience!
Exactly the same thing happened with my dad’s, after the first reagent change (A only). In the process of sending it back to them for repairs.

lefkonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The supply of these is very low right now. The other day I was on BRS and saw they had some but within a hour gone. If you want one sign up for alerts or just constantly check with your favorite sites.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Submit a ticket on their support website :). They may suggest some trouble shooting steps or have you send it in for repair. Maybe you’ll get lucky and they won’t ask for a receipt.

Always make sure you get a copy of the original bill of sale when you buy something notable second hand. Warranties should be transferable until the expiration date but often they are not. Sometimes vendors won’t ask, so don’t volunteer it. If they do, “Yes, I’m Nancy, why do you ask?” LOL.

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are not available.
They are. I got one within a week of actually starting to look. Each time I've seen them come available they stuck around for several hours before being sold out. People post on R2R where they're available regularly. Just takes a little persistence.

Last edited:

Jantom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought today but last one :)
owner store will have more for 2 weeks

E805C674-41AD-42A8-BA56-FBEEB6C9B09B.jpeg

reefwreak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the Trident since May of last year, and it's been really great, however when reagents get low (<15%) I notice that my readings start going down. If I were dosing 2 part automatically instead of using a CaRx, I'd be worried.

Also, it's almost a year since launch... why are the reasonably priced 6 month Reagent kits sold out everywhere?

Highly recommended, really enjoy having mine, no issues other than supply of reagents.

ScubaShane

MENTAL REEF DISORDER!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Takeyuki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
I have a trouble on my Trident.
After cleaning my sump, the trident started failing.
First of all, it said "Test A Fail". So I followed your troubleshooting and replace reagent A and unplug the trident.
Then after initializing, it said "No Water Sample". So I checked everything.
The line is not out ot the water and not kinked. But its still failing.
After all, the line was clogged by some slimy stuff. Now I removed them by syringe and made sure the bubble coming out by blowing.
And then I connected the sample line and restart the trident.
But,,, it still says " No Water Sample". I think the slimy stuff went into the trident...
Is there anything I can do?

Rick Krejci

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You must re-fill the line with sample before starting another test. This is done by selecting Congifure-Trident, and then select Prime-Sample. This will re-fill the sample line with tank water.
prime.jpg

Takeyuki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You must re-fill the line with sample before starting another test. This is done by selecting Congifure-Trident, and then select Prime-Sample. This will re-fill the sample line with tank water.
prime.jpg
I think Initializing including priming step.
Now I tried it, but it didn't work.

bar|none

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^ The lines are very small diameter and for a reason. Means doesn't have to use much tank water to prime and does not need the volume of an inline filter.

Take off the input line and try to blow through it. If you can't, its blocked. Cut it in half, find the half that works. Hopefully it's long enough.

If not need new line.

Have it sample from a clean place.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back