Trident FAQ (official)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

lefkonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe it is every time. This is the process they have put together to ensure consistent testing.

bo0ks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It feels like they should just do more purging of the lines if they are concerned with consistency. I'm not sure how repeating tests several times actually helps things if the unit doesn't even know thats whats supposed to be happening. It's just going to give whatever readings its gives. *shrug*

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to hold out to purchase one of these but man has it been tough to get. As a bourbon collector it’s starting to feel like I’m trying to find Pappy... Haven’t even had an alert from any of the sites I’ve signed up for in ages. Seems like everyone is bundling now...

truetricia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very excited as my LFS (Aquariums Unlimited, VA Beach) had a Trident! It's been running for two days and everything has been going well. I'm going to wait until after the weekend to calibrate it, but the setup process was simple and easy. I tend to travel a lot for 4-5 days at a time, which can mean instability for my tank and the need to automate everything (thank you Apex). I'm very excited about the potential here for really providing good automatic stability for my tank and allowing it to thrive. Automation also means that when I am home I get to enjoy the tank more and do less tests! Thank you @Terence for this awesome piece of gear! Keep up the good work!

Jeff Hall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trident has been running for four days. Setup was easy and worked great. Then the 5th day...It keeps saying no water sample. So I checked the sample line and even took it off and blew air in it and was even able to suck up water through it, so I reattached it, primed it and got the same error message. So I restarted it and still am receiving the same message. Please help.

TheReaperOfMars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trident has been running for four days. Setup was easy and worked great. Then the 5th day...It keeps saying no water sample. So I checked the sample line and even took it off and blew air in it and was even able to suck up water through it, so I reattached it, primed it and got the same error message. So I restarted it and still am receiving the same message. Please help.

Have you contacted Neptune support? I actually had this same problem after letting mine sit for quite a while with water in the lines, was able to blow out whatever buildup was in there by disconnecting the black sample line inlet inside the unit, then taking a small blunt tipped needle and forcing some water pressure through with a testing kit syringe. That appears to have cleared the lines, and I have a reading now.

blitzkragz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the recirculating pump is off. You can look up Deltec Twin Tech 1500 to get more info on it. It doesn't constantly put CO2 in the reactor it works off a float switch. When it calls for alk the reactor turns on from the electronic box, the float switch fills the chamber with CO2 and it starts making alk and cal just like a normal reactor. You can control how much alk and cal is put into the tank by the control box. When the trident tests and its reached what i have set it shuts the reactor down. I have been doing this for the last 2 months and its worked great. Will this work on a regular reactor i don't know, i would think it would. Another benefit of doing it this way is it keeps my PH higher.
I just got a Twin Tech running, really neat piece of equipment! I am wondering if you are using the 10V port on it to pause the alk dosing, or just cutting the power to it completely?

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to confirm some information here;

For Trident to auto dose I only need a DOS as well? DDR is not required?

Also, what fittings would I need to convert my DOS to RO tubing?

Thanks all, looking forward to automating this aspect of my system :)

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to confirm some information here;

For Trident to auto dose I only need a DOS as well? DDR is not required?

Also, what fittings would I need to convert my DOS to RO tubing?

Thanks all, looking forward to automating this aspect of my system :)

No DDR required.
SaltwaterAquarium.com sells 4 packs of the fittings

DzidtheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When replacing just reagent A, does calibration needed to be done? If so, its a pain in the rear to recalibrate after every solution change. Ive only recalibrated after changing out B and C solutions, and always check tridents readings to my hanna and they are very close everytime.

One thing ive noticed with my trident and a couple of my reef friends is that as soon as any reagent solution falls below 20percent, i get wacked out readings. I had to replace my B and C solution yesterday because i had gotten a reading of 550cal and 1450 mag, usually i keep Cal 420-450, and mag is consistently at 1350.

Pretty annoying that i always need to to change out my solutions as they near 20%.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When replacing just reagent A, does calibration needed to be done? If so, its a pain in the rear to recalibrate after every solution change. Ive only recalibrated after changing out B and C solutions, and always check tridents readings to my hanna and they are very close everytime.

One thing ive noticed with my trident and a couple of my reef friends is that as soon as any reagent solution falls below 20percent, i get wacked out readings. I had to replace my B and C solution yesterday because i had gotten a reading of 550cal and 1450 mag, usually i keep Cal 420-450, and mag is consistently at 1350.

Pretty annoying that i always need to to change out my solutions as they near 20%.
The A solutions are matched sets; identical from the same batch of reagent. No calibration needed after swapping A.

next time you change reagent and have an empty bottle, cut the side off of a bottle. Screw the intake cap on, and look through the side- it’s possible that it needs adjustment for the tube to be all the way down and using all reagent. I believe Terence mentioned this on a stream.

After this adjustment, I get longer performance than advertised. When the apex says it’s out of reagent, I just reset it and get a bit longer.

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have an issue with the trident not using a whole lot of the calibration fluid? I just did a calibration and it only used half the bottle. I’ve done a calibration 2 other times and don’t remember it only using half of the bottle

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have an issue with the trident not using a whole lot of the calibration fluid? I just did a calibration and it only used half the bottle. I’ve done a calibration 2 other times and don’t remember it only using half of the bottle
Normal for me

Gondore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering...can you extend the Sample Water and Waste Water tubes without throwing off the system?

U

User1

View Badges
So, this is one area in which the GHL Director wins.

Why would you say that? Most people will place it within the 3 - 4 feet recommended. The sample line is 5 feet. Seems more than reasonable to me and it is a different technology.

Sample and waste line have nothing to do with which one wins as they are not apples to apples. If you prefer the GHL great. Hope you pre ordered one and let us know what you think.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back