Trident FAQ (official)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

U

User1

View Badges
Do not cut any lines!

Very much true. Must not cut lines - from Neptunes Trident FAQ:

Can the sample or waste lines be extended or cut?
No.
The sample line is 5′ long and cannot be cut or extended. If the fixed length of the sample line is changed, then you can expect inaccurate results from the Trident. If you need to purchase new sample line, then you can do so here.
The waste line should not be cut either, but if additional length is needed, then Neptune Systems recommends possibly using some additional airline or RO tubing, placing the waste line inside that tubing, and placing the additional tubing in a drain or container.

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Terence is this normal to have build up in the mixing chamber? I have noticed that there is a purple build up on the wall with in the mixing chamber. Is there a way to clean it? Will this affect. My testing results? I have noticed my calcium values are just climbing way up there.

B917FCA1-BDDA-472C-9B3A-9312D0A09DC0.jpeg 3AB6A5D0-10FA-41F5-BBB8-F802F2587147.png

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the instructions it's suggested to wait 48-72 hours prior to first calibration. I'm 24 hours in anything I should be specifically looking for prior to calibrating? I want to progress and dial it in (Alk reading much lower than anticipated) but obviously don't want to regret moving too quickly.

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m 3 days in and it seems pretty accurate without calibration. Besides the very first test, it’s been pretty close to my hanna and salifert results.

By the way, does anyone know how much waste it produces in 1 month?

Last edited:

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let’s talk control limits for auto dosing. What is everyone running?

Anyone running tighter limits than Neptune recommended? If we are testing so frequently surely tighter limits would be desired?

dbq5anlxj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Terence is this normal to have build up in the mixing chamber? I have noticed that there is a purple build up on the wall with in the mixing chamber. Is there a way to clean it? Will this affect. My testing results? I have noticed my calcium values are just climbing way up there.

B917FCA1-BDDA-472C-9B3A-9312D0A09DC0.jpeg 3AB6A5D0-10FA-41F5-BBB8-F802F2587147.png
My Cal level climbing up to 520-550 level since last month. Today I changed all the reagent and did a calibration but no luck. the cal level is still hover around 520 ish. It's around 420ish when the trident is new(hanna checker shows 430 as well). Did you find a way to solve this? thx

UCF Alum

Stick addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Cal level climbing up to 520-550 level since last month. Today I changed all the reagent and did a calibration but no luck. the cal level is still hover around 520 ish. It's around 420ish when the trident is new(hanna checker shows 430 as well). Did you find a way to solve this? thx

this is a known issue with Neptune. I put a support ticket in a week ago for this reason exactly. They told me it’s some sort of environmental issue that they are unable to replicate in their lab. They told me more to come on this...

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is a known issue with Neptune. I put a support ticket in a week ago for this reason exactly. They told me it’s some sort of environmental issue that they are unable to replicate in their lab. They told me more to come on this...

Interesting I was told the same thing... Mine is in a room behind the tank, climate controlled 72-74 degrees / 50% humidity. Can't think what "enviromental" factor would cause that

Wasatch.Wired

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check the top of the reagent bottle. If it is torqued down, that will cause that. Twist till it has resistance. No further. It needs air. I had this issue a few months ago with All. Kept rising.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious as to what you are referring to? Might be what I experience as well.

You can prove this issue by simply moving the needle then doing another test, it will test differently. I'm not big on promoting things but it works great for such a simple product,

Brasileiro561

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Hydrored. The guides will also help you extend the use of the bottle. I used to get 1 month and 3 weeks. I just changed bottles last week. 2 months and 1 week now. Once you get the 5% error, reset you reagents without changing the bottles. It’ll fool the apex and it’ll think you have a new bottle. The needle will be straight enough to suck the bottle dry. I don’t know if this will be a consistent number for everybody. But it gave me 2 extra weeks from what I used to get.

U

User1

View Badges
Thanks @Hydrored. The guides will also help you extend the use of the bottle. I used to get 1 month and 3 weeks. I just changed bottles last week. 2 months and 1 week now. Once you get the 5% error, reset you reagents without changing the bottles. It’ll fool the apex and it’ll think you have a new bottle. The needle will be straight enough to suck the bottle dry. I don’t know if this will be a consistent number for everybody. But it gave me 2 extra weeks from what I used to get.

Curious if you sent this info to Neptune and what did they say?

UCF Alum

Stick addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting I was told the same thing... Mine is in a room behind the tank, climate controlled 72-74 degrees / 50% humidity. Can't think what "enviromental" factor would cause that

same here. I have no new environmental issues from when I set up the trident a year or so ago. This is not a consistent problem for me, only occasionally. Waste of reagents when test errors happen halfway through a bottle

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious as to what you are referring to? Might be what I experience as well.

I sent you a PM for ordering. This is more than likely the reason why my alkalinity drifts towards the end of the bottle as well. I called Neptune systems and they didn't have an answer for it. Towards the end of the alkalinity bottle my parameters drift from my Hanna tester. Once I put a new bottle in and calibrate then it jumps back in line with my Hannah.

U

User1

View Badges
Never thought of it honestly.

@UCF Alum just reset your reagents without changing the bottle and you should be able to keep using them as long as the needle is able to pull up the liquid

Not to take away any potential sales but it would be interesting if you did. There is a known drift issue that they spoke about during the Feb 20th live stream but said it effected only about 1% of the user base. Not sure if this is related but would be interesting to pass along in case it helps them.

I always wondered why they didn't run the internal tube to the bottom and curve it so it wraps around the bottle. Sort of like the Easter Egg holders when the kids dye eggs for lack of a better description.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 103 57.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 53 29.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 64 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 31 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 53 29.6%
Back