Trident FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, just keep coming back to this thread every once in a while to see the level of frustration of those that are holding out for the Trident. It really is comical with the amount of patience some people have. I have nothing against Neptune Systems, just want to say that first and foremost. I do however know what issues I was having with my tank and the biggest one has ALWAYS been dKH. Someone mentioned about finding someone where the Alkatronic nuked their tank. From experience and chatting back and forth with the people over at Focustronic, I highly doubt that you will find any instances of that occurring. I have had my Alkatronic running for a pretty good amount of time and all I can say is that it fits the bill well.

I wanted/needed something because I put a ton of frags in my tank all at the same time and wanted to get a CaRx setup, etc. I will be honest in saying that there isn't anyway that I think I would have been able to do that without having a dKH solution in place.

People complaining about the price of the Alkatronic should already know that products are more expensive during early adoption. I was lucky to save $100 on mine since I was one of those earlier adopters that realized that the Alkatronic is the best current Alkalinity monitoring/correction solution on the market.

Just for grins I checked my magnesium after not checking it since October 1st and guess what, no problem with magnesium and I do not do any water changes. Calcium I haven't checked since October 17th. If it were me and I was running the show over at Neptune Systems, I'd do an about-face and switch gears to providing a dKH-only solution at a fraction of the cost and also have correction of the dKH with that solution.

If I personally am wanting to automate measuring calcium/magnesium I would wait to see how the Reefbot performs or see what Focustronic have up their sleeves for their next unit in their ecosystem after the Dosetronic has been released. I was going to get the Dosetronic, but now have a CaRx setup that is working quite well. Coral are encrusting and growing fast enough for my wife (BTW who isn't really into reefing) to notice the growth that is occurring. Definitely no need for frequent calcium/magnesium monitoring if you are running a CaRx (at least from my experience, everyone's is different).

Now I wouldn't mind knowing about my phosphates more frequently.

Last edited:

Shawn Dahl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#brandloyalty I'm here for the long haul, I'll wait until it's available because I haven't had a Neptune product fail me yet and don't want to give another manufacturer the opportunity to take my money and sell me a product that fails to meet my desires then turn back to the product I wanted in the first place costing me more money. Do it right the first time, even if it requires a little extra patience. If and when a Neptune product fails me, then I'll start looking into other options but until then, I'll sit back and continue to support a company that makes high quality products that meet my expectations.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#brandloyalty I'm here for the long haul, I'll wait until it's available because I haven't had a Neptune product fail me yet and don't want to give another manufacturer the opportunity to take my money and sell me a product that fails to meet my desires then turn back to the product I wanted in the first place costing me more money. Do it right the first time, even if it requires a little extra patience. If and when a Neptune product fails me, then I'll start looking into other options but until then, I'll sit back and continue to support a company that makes high quality products that meet my expectations.
Ur lucky
Just the other day my Cor stopped working two months ago it was my WAV six months ago my Pmup seven months ago my AFS multiple times (right before vacation and I had to ot the overnight shipping) then their solenoid crashed my eb832 and this doesn’t count the 1/4 flow monitors that stopped working a month after I got them and my two optical sensors in two separate DOS that don’t work.
But there customer service is great!! That is the truth. I would be with GHL if it wasn’t for there customer service

But don’t think just because Neptune made it it’s any better never had a problem with my vectra M1’s in fact when my Cor went down that’s what I put back in. (Anyone else have problems with th O Ring on the COR?)

If u really want the trident then wait but ur silly to put all ur eggs in the neptune basket because they haven’t failed u just search the problems are there
Unless of course you choose not to see them

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ur lucky
Just the other day my Cor stopped working two months ago it was my WAV six months ago my Pmup seven months ago my AFS multiple times (right before vacation and I had to ot the overnight shipping) then their solenoid crashed my eb832 and this doesn’t count the 1/4 flow monitors that stopped working a month after I got them and my two optical sensors in two separate DOS that don’t work.
But there customer service is great!! That is the truth. I would be with GHL if it wasn’t for there customer service

But don’t think just because Neptune made it it’s any better never had a problem with my vectra M1’s in fact when my Cor went down that’s what I put back in. (Anyone else have problems with th O Ring on the COR?)

If u really want the trident then wait but ur silly to put all ur eggs in the neptune basket because they haven’t failed u just search the problems are there

Dang that’s a string of bad luck.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang that’s a string of bad luck.
It’s part of this hobby
I was prepared I had back ups so nothing was lost
More of an incovience but neptune fixed what was broke so that works for me

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
With love...

I just don’t understand why people can actually be mad about this. Upset or disappointed I can understand but mad? No. Mad yes if they had taken your money for the Trident and haven’t delivered yet. I personally feel like they wanted to get this product out quick but decided they needed to step back to make sure it was totally ready. You all are welcome to your opinions but I think if you’re that upset with Neptune maybe you should use another solution and move on to happier times! :)

Ikikimo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ummm i never said they "owe" me anything. I am sorry you think that being tired of no updates or information is somehow "entitlement". I was waiting, never really heard anything of substance and just decided it wasnt worth it.

I posted that up so the folks at apex would realize some of their consumers thought process. I really wanted alk automation and now i have it.

And if you think that people growing tired and buying a competitors product means "nill" then you have never owned a business or taken a marketing class.

PS.. that post has 37 likes so far. Too bad that means nill.

The irony is you’re still making a lot of assumptions. Do the 37 folks who “liked” your post actually own anything apex ? Enjoy you’re weekend keyboard warrior.

Shawn Dahl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ur lucky

I am sorry for your bad luck. I have no experience with the COR so I can't comment on that. I have read reviews on a lot of Neptune products and I understand there are many customers that are unhappy with some of the products that they offer but I was simply stating my own experiences with their products and have yet to be let down by them. Just as I stated in my post, if and when I am unsatisfied with a product then I'll search different avenues but until then I have had great success with Neptune products and it's my opinion that it wouldn't be fair to not wait and give them a shot to satisfy my desires before jumping ship and going with a competitive product. I'm not saying I'm not open to trying different manufacturers products but for my main purchase and system I will always start with products from manufacturers that have worked well for me. To each their own and I respect everyone's decision on what they choose to do with their tanks, but I felt their was a lot of Neptune bashing going on in this thread over a delay in releasing a product, which seems silly to me, and felt the need to give my opinion on the matter, just as everyone else has.

Zaireguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you watch the latest lets talk reef they show many tridents being tested around the office on different tanks
Also say they should be in the testers hands shortly

Jamie7907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’ve been saying that for quite awhile now. And those units in the video may or may not be real, there were dummy units at macna that looked real but couldn’t do anything other then hype a product that doesn’t exist yet

molinast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you watch the latest lets talk reef they show many tridents being tested around the office on different tanks
Also say they should be in the testers hands shortly
Got a link?

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With love...

I just don’t understand why people can actually be mad about this. Upset or disappointed I can understand but mad? No. Mad yes if they had taken your money for the Trident and haven’t delivered yet. I personally feel like they wanted to get this product out quick but decided they needed to step back to make sure it was totally ready. You all are welcome to your opinions but I think if you’re that upset with Neptune maybe you should use another solution and move on to happier times! :)
Agreed. Personally I really, really, really want them to take their time and get this perfect.

Reefcowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rushed into the 2016 apex, was the second one to purchase it from an online retailer back in june that year. It froze, had tons of bugs, I got a new one, it bugged again, I returned it. Bought it a year later when the bugs were fixed. I love it. i depend on it and it serves me very well. Like some here, had my COR20 fail a month or so after I got it, had my flow meter fail as well but so what.. things fail, you depend on CS and Neptunes is outstanding.

Ive installed a shelf for my Trident, and think many can criticize, but when that thing comes out everyone will want to buy it. I cant wait to be able to open Fusion and see Ca/Mg/Alk live reads.

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some things just should not be automated IMHO. Personally I don't trust any singular device that has the potential to kill my tank. I have been in the hobby too long to see similar products come and go. Whats the failsafe to the triton?

I'm going to wait at least 3-4 years AFTER it comes out and watch others kill their tank. I have a system that is semi automated which has worked for me for 21 years... Like many others who have posted, I have had quite a few Neptune devices that have failed. At the moment it 'aint' broke so no need to fix it.

Last edited:

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Triton is a measuring tool; it won't dose anything into your tank.
So the question you're asking is - what's the failsafe to your dosing pump(s)?

No not pumps... The original question stands. Rememebr that aquarists will make changes to thier reef tank manually based on results they get. so original question stands... whats the failsafe to the triton?

I know the triton is a measuring tool... hobby grade test kits have a % of accuracy... People are spending all this money on devices that yield the same % of accuracy. whats the point? I purchased a $30 battery operated titration device that automates the titration the same, every time. I see no need for this unless its much more accurate than previouse methods. but then we have ICP testing and this wont be as accurate.

This is all I need right now... https://sunplay.com/products/taylor...MI0O7Kq6Lm3gIVloqzCh2GhQ7REAQYDCABEgKcMPD_BwE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back