Trident FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you're using it as a monitor only if I follow which doesn't really require as strict of fail safes IMO (since I'll just compare any odd reading against a hanna checker before adjusting dose). That is how I plan to use it as well unless Neptune provides detailed info on their reactive dosing fail safe programs.
Haven’t you seen terminator?
Never let the machines have total control

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the decision for me to buy the alkatronic was really multi fold...
1. I specifically bought an apex 2016 under the assumption that the trident would be coming out.
2. I realize things go sideways but there have been absolutely no meaningful updates to speak of. We are not uneducated consumers waiting for a cheese slicer, if you found there was a long term accuracy problem with your tritrating heads ..then just tell us that. if you are looking for a new supplier for this or that.. then just tell us! Simply saying "we are all working on it" is NOT an update. an update to me provides new information, not repeating the same thing.
3. the trident doesnt come with a way to actually adjust anything..simply test.. so you are now locked into a DOS.. which has had plenty of people ******** abouy air bubbles and selling them.
4. They alluded to not actually having the programming done to actually run the dosers based on testing feedback.
5. the alkatronic has safeguards, a doser to adjust alk, a robust design, and a service department that is apprantly very responsive.
6. Everyone is always talking about tank catastrophes..which yeah, nobody wants... but please, if you have a link to an "alkatronic roasted my tank" thread please link to it.

and the biggest reason is that when you are unhappy about something, sometimes the most effective thing to do is vote with your wallet.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. I specifically bought an apex 2016 under the assumption that the trident would be coming out.
2. I realize things go sideways but there have been absolutely no meaningful updates to speak of. We are not uneducated consumers waiting for a cheese slicer, if you found there was a long term accuracy problem with your tritrating heads ..then just tell us that. if you are looking for a new supplier for this or that.. then just tell us! Simply saying "we are all working on it" is NOT an update. an update to me provides new information, not repeating the same thing.
3. the trident doesnt come with a way to actually adjust anything..simply test.. so you are now locked into a DOS.. which has had plenty of people ******** abouy air bubbles and selling them.
4. They alluded to not actually having the programming done to actually run the dosers based on testing feedback.
5. the alkatronic has safeguards, a doser to adjust alk, a robust design, and a service department that is apprantly very responsive.
6. Everyone is always talking about tank catastrophes..which yeah, nobody wants... but please, if you have a link to an "alkatronic roasted my tank" thread please link to it.

and the biggest reason is that when you are unhappy about something, sometimes the most effective thing to do is vote with your wallet.
Amen

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think that pretty much summarizes it.....honestly, the entire "Trident" hype is more than getting old. Numerous threads from the frustrated and those keeping faith only to be bashed by the stalwart defenders of the Neptune. I've read so many of these and really tried to be patient and wait but frankly the entire topic is fatigued. After a while people just lose interest and re-evaluate their desire to keep waiting. As has been said, the main issue is the false original promise and push to update to apex 2016 followed by the ever moving timeline. It is simply exhausting. There are now several options on the market. I predict more will follow. I for one have decided to move on....

Looking at my pattern of testing these past few years, I really only obsess over phosphate and Alkalinity. I check Calcium once in a blue moon and never need to adjust anything. Even less of a concern is my magnesium which has never been an issue in my 12 year old system. So with my several years of testing data in hand I realize alkalinity is all I need. The reviews of the Alkatronic seem quite good and it appears it can be integrated with the apex. I'm getting tired of my every 3 day Alkalinity check so I think its time to move on....

I really wanted to wait for a Neptune product to keep things consistent with the orange ....my OCD ;) but alas.....the song has been played too many times and I'm ready for a new tune.

Best of luck to those who continue the vigil.

cheers

ReefTeacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to admit, while I agree with the thoughts of the Alkatronic users, I do not understand the price tag. I paid $500 for my KHG monitor and am quite happy with the results. It even works with the APEX classic, and I have had automatic Alk testing since last Christmas. No Trident fervor for me!

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really wanted to wait for a Neptune product to keep things consistent with the orange ....my OCD ;) but alas.....the song has been played too many times and I'm ready for a new tune.
Well the shade of orange on the Alkatronic should satisfy your OCD a little bit, right? :D

Kalibur2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhhh Alkatronic sold out. I keep waiting and waiting for trident. It’s getting tiring. I want to be able to take longer vacations and not worry about alkalinity anymore and when you don’t have anyone to watch ur tank

Reactions: CMO

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhhh Alkatronic sold out. I keep waiting and waiting for trident. It’s getting tiring. I want to be able to take longer vacations and not worry about alkalinity anymore and when you don’t have anyone to watch ur tank

I'm with you. No long vacations until this gets released :(... I got frustrated and was super close to buying a KH guardian last week but after some research I like the simplicity of the Trident with no PH probe like the other units are using now.

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing yet but a POSSIBLE clue! Wonder if big news could be a trident update

7E550043-0DF0-4CF1-B879-5A0926DFAC60.png

JeepinReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the big news is that he will be on the talk, not what they'll be talking about. Not trying to be snarky or anything. I just think that is what they were meaning by that statement.

Ikikimo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry guy, they don’t owe you or me or anyone, a dang thing. Drop the entitlement. “We are working on it” is an update, it’s just not what you want to hear. Vote with your wallet, the loss of your sale will be nill in the end. I always think back to high school when I hear the word assume and all that can be said about making assumptions.

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s one way to look at the cup half full instead of empty . But Terrence already said early tester don’t have the Trident yet . 3 weeks ago in the update he gave .. I took that as they are still 3- 6+ months away . Whatever obstacles they hit I’m thinking it’s more on the lines of lawyers and coming up with a deal of % of money .. and zero to do with working bugs out like the mascots are saying

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guy, they don’t owe you or me or anyone, a dang thing. Drop the entitlement. “We are working on it” is an update, it’s just not what you want to hear. Vote with your wallet, the loss of your sale will be nill in the end. I always think back to high school when I hear the word assume and all that can be said about making assumptions.

ummm i never said they "owe" me anything. I am sorry you think that being tired of no updates or information is somehow "entitlement". I was waiting, never really heard anything of substance and just decided it wasnt worth it.

I posted that up so the folks at apex would realize some of their consumers thought process. I really wanted alk automation and now i have it.

And if you think that people growing tired and buying a competitors product means "nill" then you have never owned a business or taken a marketing class.

PS.. that post has 37 likes so far. Too bad that means nill.

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not likely.

I know its a bit of a stretch and a heavy DOS (get it ;)) of wishful thinking BUT I have acquired SOME inside info that NSI members should be announced and I quote "very, very soon" . I would imagine an internal goal for them would be to get NSI going before the holidays and ship retail units Q1 I have also heard that the first batch of Neptune employees who are testing Trident have started receive their units but have no concrete evidence of this. Take it for what its worth. Just so happens that I got this Info right before the NS FB post so timing IMO seems a little better then just coincidental. Happy Reefing!

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be awesome, either way I'm here patiently waiting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 147 75.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 8.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back