Trident FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let’s also try and keep the thread constructive. We do not like policing our social media channels for content, and generally allow tons of negativity to stay, but it is unhelpful if things devolve any farther on a few of the recent posts and will be dealt with if it does.

10-4. There are about 2/3 active Trident threads going on at the moment that we've been trying to keep on track, but as I'm sure you know it's definitely a hot button issue with a lot of people for a lot of reasons. Either way this is a vendor forum so I'm going tag in #Mods and #ReefSquad to ensure we keep things on track in here for you.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll do my best to keep it on track.
I tried few pages back telling not to make it too personal. I'll monitor it more closely.

2una

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Terence
Would it be possible to ask if the Trident is going to be using the ph port for Alk/Dkh value?
Just looking to see if there is hope on the horizon that the minimum reading that way will be addressed so under 7.0 value will display that it doesn't now?.

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The trident CAN be connected via one link or usb with a power supply so I’m sure that’s how “data” is sent to the brain. So highly doubt it would use up a BNC port unnecessarily. I’m much more concerned about how close it needs to be to the aquarium to draw water as some others, like the reefbot need to be within 3 ft of the tank/sump to draw water. Another question is can the used reagent be discarded in the tank or do they need to be discarded in a separate container?

ScooterV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't imagine any regent should be discarded into the tank. We'll need a discard bucket, or way to pump it out to waste. I plan to just have mine dump into my skimmate locker :) No way for it to get back to the tank, and when my "EmptyGunk" Stenner turns on it empties the locker to outside.

iReefer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can't imagine any regent should be discarded into the tank. We'll need a discard bucket, or way to pump it out to waste. I plan to just have mine dump into my skimmate locker :) No way for it to get back to the tank, and when my "EmptyGunk" Stenner turns on it empties the locker to outside.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Straight into the skimmate locker for the win.

U

User1

View Badges
I was thinking the exact same thing. Straight into the skimmate locker for the win.
Empty into the skimmer cup - skimmer overflows....trouble. Be it back in tank or staining the floor. Waste bucket or drain fitting into something of your choice with documentation for CYA and you are good.

ScooterV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Empty into the skimmer cup - skimmer overflows....trouble. Be it back in tank or staining the floor. Waste bucket or drain fitting into something of your choice with documentation for CYA and you are good.

Skimmate locker, not the cup. I agree, the cup would not be a good idea :) Nothing can get from the locker back to the skimmer though.

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I am excited to see whats now possible when the trident finally comes out. I believe and am hoping that it will allow more "beginner" reefers to more easily have success with LPS & SPS thus making them more main stream. Also going to be interesting to see if/how Neptune integrates with other Apex equipment Like DOS and Calcium reactor Solenoids. Im assuming they will have baked in tasks saying if ALK is low Auto Dose DOS_1 or something but interested to see the safeguards put in place.

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While there is certainly going to be some cool Apex integration with the Trident as far as how it controls the DOS, you realize that the things you asked for are already possible, right now, with other Alk monitors, right? I control my calcium reactor, via my Apex, by results from my Alkatronic. Works pretty good. Anything you can control today with the Apex and a pH value (Alk is reported over a BNC pH connection) is how you'd write your control logic in Fusion.

I do wish Apex would raise the limit of the pH ports to go past 11, though. I run a high alk.

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While there is certainly going to be some cool Apex integration with the Trident as far as how it controls the DOS, you realize that the things you asked for are already possible, right now, with other Alk monitors, right? I control my calcium reactor, via my Apex, by results from my Alkatronic. Works pretty good. Anything you can control today with the Apex and a pH value (Alk is reported over a BNC pH connection) is how you'd write your control logic in Fusion.

I do wish Apex would raise the limit of the pH ports to go past 11, though. I run a high alk.

Yea I am aware and agree with you compleatly but I’m sure that Neptune has a few tricks up its sleeve that with further push functionality in new ways we haven’t seen yet. It’s an exciting time to be a reefkeeper

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well folks, not that really matters to anyone.. i am fully aware of that. I am just tired of waiting. I left town for two weeks and suffered an alk crash and didnt loose everything but it is close.

i was really excited about this but honestly, neptune is kind of full of **** IMO. They knew what they were up against and failed to deliver in a big way. You can tell me that you would rather wait until they have the bugs worked out until your blue in the face and my response would be...DUH. Others have been able to bring these things to market, and meanwhile i can ask alexa to record my parameters. yippee.

Ordering up an alkatronic tonight. People seem very pleased with them and Jonas is extremely timely if you have any problems.

I love my apex, its awesome but it has gotten ridiculous. Not even a tentative date..which i will translate, they have no clue how to fix the problems they are having.

best of luck everyone.

Stickboy15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I am right behind you, Neptune just keeps feeding everyone the same stuff and just using their name and great apex to keep people interested, now I like my 2016 apex but sometimes it’s a bit unresponsive turning things back on when they are off. Now they found a big issue and can’t figure it out which means no known release date

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one good thing. the alkatronic has its own dosing pump to add alk. no overpriced two head, problem ridden dosing pump.

if the DOS was so great... why is the used gear for sale thread full of them?

anyways.. sorry to vent. I'm just a little on edge that i am now $800 poorer :)

redpine42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one good thing. the alkatronic has its own dosing pump to add alk. no overpriced two head, problem ridden dosing pump.

if the DOS was so great... why is the used gear for sale thread full of them?

anyways.. sorry to vent. I'm just a little on edge that i am now $800 poorer :)
I'm thinking about alkatronic also, the DOS/DDR I have is total crap. My ALK dropped .5 this week, and just looked at my DOS/DDR and bubbles are back in the ALK line. Total crap!

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about alkatronic also, the DOS/DDR I have is total crap. My ALK dropped .5 this week, and just looked at my DOS/DDR and bubbles are back in the ALK line. Total crap!

lol, how can you blame the DOS for bubbles when it is solid tubing- a peristaltic system? The only connections are the ones YOU MAKE. If you fail to seal said connections, yes, you will get bubbles ;)

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, how can you blame the DOS for bubbles when it is solid tubing- a peristaltic system? The only connections are the ones YOU MAKE. If you fail to seal said connections, yes, you will get bubbles ;)
I agree. Tighten your connections and you won't have bubbles. I have 2 Dos pumps, and both work like champs.

I'm considering other options than the Trident now too as I, like most in this post have been waiting for concrete info on when it will come out, but with no clear direction, I may go the Alkatronic route...

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. Tighten your connections and you won't have bubbles. I have 2 Dos pumps, and both work like champs.

I'm considering other options than the Trident now too as I, like most in this post have been waiting for concrete info on when it will come out, but with no clear direction, I may go the Alkatronic route...

I’d wait. It’s coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 60 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back