Trident FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No NSI yet.

No specific dates yet.

We continue to move it forward and NSI will be first to have them and not far off.

NSI members are requested to give feedback on private channels but there is no NDA for the average NSI.

It’s funny to see how misinformation circles around. :)

Thanks Terence for the update!

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering how close the trident had to be to the tank water source? Some of us won’t be able to put the trident right next to the sump and was wondering if that’s a deal breaker or not

Reefpuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering how close the trident had to be to the tank water source? Some of us won’t be able to put the trident right next to the sump and was wondering if that’s a deal breaker or not

No idea. My thought is if it's too far from the tank, and you have say 10ft of tubing to draw from the tank...how accurate/current are the readings going to be? I left a spot right above my sump for it just incase that does become an issue.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Closest to water source will be ideal just because if your inlet tube is long then you are testing old water in tube rather than fresh saltwater in tank.

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would really love a price range, with $100 off either way, something like $500-$700, so I can start saving up- so if I start saving up for $700, and it ends up being $500, thats ok, but if I save up for 800 and it ends up being 400, I could of used that $400 for things I really need and things that would be crucial to have in my tank.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Closest to water source will be ideal just because if your inlet tube is long then you are testing old water in tube rather than fresh saltwater in tank.

Well, I am sure there will be a way to flush the line of old water- no? Or else no matter the length of the tubing, your test will be out of date. I am guessing it will have user input length of tube, perhaps.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would hope that it does have such feature. It would be nice to just run some water in from tank and back out for say few seconds or minute etc before taking sample for testing.

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that would never happen!! :)

we did get an update though didn't we :)
Not really. Neptune gave this exact same update at Macna, this thread, their facebook page, their forum, etc, and hasn't deviated much from it. Nothing new was learned today, at least for me.

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
be in rumour or not , with alktronic improving their interface and functionality , no one would even want a Stupid monitor system that cannot even control the CR . although it can interface with Alexa , but the brain is just plain dumb .

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
be in rumour or not , with alktronic improving their interface and functionality , no one would even want a Stupid monitor system that cannot even control the CR . although it can interface with Alexa , but the brain is just plain dumb .

Woah, since when did you become the voice of everyone?! That’s quite an achievement! Lemme see the badge!

lol, speak for yourself, saying “nobody would want this stupid monitoring system” is pretty dumb when there are many threads of people begging for release dates. If nobody was interested, this thread wouldn’t have 36 pages.

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woah, since when did you become the voice of everyone?! That’s quite an achievement! Lemme see the badge!

lol, speak for yourself, saying “nobody would want this stupid monitoring system” is pretty dumb when there are many threads of people begging for release dates. If nobody was interested, this thread wouldn’t have 36 pages.

lol . everyone wants to see what is the big crap apex is bragging about before going to GHL and alkatronics hahahaha

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No NSI yet.

No specific dates yet.

We continue to move it forward and NSI will be first to have them and not far off.

NSI members are requested to give feedback on private channels but there is no NDA for the average NSI.

It’s funny to see how misinformation circles around. :)

Thanks for the update @Terrance. I think part of the reason you're finding misinformation "funny" is because Neptune has been radio silent with us for a very long time now about this. Is there anyway we can get an increase on the frequency of the updates?

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill cut a hole in the wall and stash it between the studs behind the tank if I have to.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill cut a hole in the wall and stash it between the studs behind the tank if I have to.

Not sure why, but this reminded me of "The Tell-Tale Heart", by Edgar Allan Poe. Hides a dead body under the floorboards but keeps hearing the heartbeat LOL

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of people dont use CAs - like me they dose. The notion of the system being "Stupid" is amusing. And referring to your brain as "just plain dumb" is unfortunate. Be kind to yourself.

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the update @Terrance. I think part of the reason you're finding misinformation "funny" is because Neptune has been radio silent with us for a very long time now about this. Is there anyway we can get an increase on the frequency of the updates?

When something changes from what I recently wrote, there will be an update. From a product perspective, we have but one focus right now. Exactly what I said at MACNA. I can assure you guys that no matter how badly my fellow reef keepers want this, we want to get it to you more so.

Let’s also try and keep the thread constructive. We do not like policing our social media channels for content, and generally allow tons of negativity to stay, but it is unhelpful if things devolve any farther on a few of the recent posts and will be dealt with if it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 62 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.2%
Back