Trident FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was chosen to be a tester and looking at my ALK level at various times of the day has been awesome. Also just a little touch of the button and I get an instant test.

As @Terence said I granted him the rights to view and program my Apex so he was able to spot some issues with my Alk and we set up a new dosing schedule within my DOS which has slowly bumped my Alk levels up within a better range. So far it’s really been amazing. I’m careful with my words since I own R2R but I honestly can’t use another word. It’s game changing for me personally.

51E3CCBC-A394-4129-8D1E-A4B547985118.jpeg
This is awesome to know! Definitely glad I have waited on this!!!

boltzfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone tell me where the sign up thread to become a tester was?

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His corals are amazing! Yeah I agree with him. If the Trident tested ALK, N03 and P04 I would be all over it!

That's what I really need is something to test PO4 and NO3 for sure. Heck even if it just tested PO4 I can live without testing NO3 for sure. For growth in my tank, I get way less consumption if my PO4 is higher than I would like, but when it is below 0.1, I get a good amount of dKH consumption.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than the ReefBot, whenever someone makes an automated hobby grade tester for PO4, I might have to donate a kidney to be sure to get it, lol. Would be even more amazing to somehow help do something to decrease it based on the measurements; whether it somehow via GFO, etc.

Debacle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep an eye on their FB page. They usually make announcements there. Or you can go to their forums in the announcements section.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Send Terrance a couple bottles of Opus One. I'm not really sure how to become NSI, but that surely wouldn't hurt!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So my ALK was low and with all good intentions I meant to test every night and adjust my 2 part dosing to get it to an acceptable level. But you know how it goes. Good intentions don't always equal action! The Trident has taken the work out of this type of task and now I'm excited to log in and see how it's rising. I'm almost to the sweet spot now as you can see. Once I get where I want to be and if it continues to rise a little I will dial the dosing back down a little to get it to equal out! Once my sps start taking in more ALK I will notice the drop and adjust accordingly. REEF KEEPING FOR DUMMIES!!! HA!

PS. I'm not a hype machine. I get companies that want to send me stuff to test out etc. If it's something deserving of me bragging on, I will. So far the Trident is the real deal.

Untitled-11.jpg

boltzfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome info and news. So excited for the thought of getting this!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's awesome info and news. So excited for the thought of getting this!

As you should be! To be honest when I first heard about the Trident and understood it I was leery thinking it would be another difficult piece of equipment to set up, dial in and maintain. It's VERY simple to use!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 101 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.8%
Back