Trident FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I messed up the edit so second post. Are any of the NSI running more than a single unit? How is the dashboard going to handle multiple tridents, ala DOS? The default testing logs do not handle multiple systems well currently unless you use other.

Zaireguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How easy was this to set up?was there a theme already in the apex for it?

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How easy was this to set up?was there a theme already in the apex for it?
This touches on a question I've kicked around. Do NSI members have to download a special firmware update in order to make new things perform? I assume that testing firmware is as important as hardware.

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Round 2 of NSI testers line up already would ya : ) I’m one of the Lazy’s who HATES testing . Could use this ATM . Now to only push for a automatic phosphate/ Nitrate . Can we make these happen By next Christmas Please ! [emoji319]

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This touches on a question I've kicked around. Do NSI members have to download a special firmware update in order to make new things perform? I assume that testing firmware is as important as hardware.

Yes. Those in NSI are running prerelease versions of the AOS.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A non-disclosure agreement (NDA)

Yea pretty much ever piece of equipment I test in beta has been under NDA till all the bugs are worked out at least.

I have done pretty much for the reef hobby but also the computer and video game industry. I used to do allot for the video game industry. I was a beta tester for xbox live for a long time before it rolled out, Was one of the coolest things I ever did..

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it just me or are all the testers pretty quiet? :(

A couple of reasons for that I think. First, they don’t want to keep posting the same “na na na, look at me, I have one, you don’t” and creating that vibe. Second, the few minor issues they have uncovered we are working through. Those are the things we have covered under NDA. This was done really to prevent trade secrets from getting out - knowing any bumps in the road would certainly help any competitors. At this point we have pretty much only given them NSI the latitude to show that they have one and show a few screenshots. Lastly, though it may be hard to believe for some, the Trident has been one of those things that you set up and just watch the numbers. There really isn’t much to report other than “it’s working”

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of reasons for that I think. First, they don’t want to keep posting the same “na na na, look at me, I have one, you don’t” and creating that vibe. Second, the few minor issues they have uncovered we are working through. Those are the things we have covered under NDA. This was done really to prevent trade secrets from getting out - knowing any bumps in the road would certainly help any competitors. At this point we have pretty much only given them NSI the latitude to show that they have one and show a few screenshots. Lastly, though it may be hard to believe for some, the Trident has been one of those things that you set up and just watch the numbers. There really isn’t much to report other than “it’s working”
Working is good. ;)

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Round 2 of NSI testers line up already would ya : ) I’m one of the Lazy’s who HATES testing . Could use this ATM . Now to only push for a automatic phosphate/ Nitrate . Can we make these happen By next Christmas Please ! [emoji319]
You and me too. You know automated nitrate and phosphate testing is coming eventually and I hope Neptune is already onto it. I can’t imagine that it isn’t already in the works :)

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the kind of news we all so desperately want to hear. I’ve never been so excited about a piece of equipment. Thanks for the reply!

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any plans to come out with a cheaper version that just test alk.

No. Every other product on the market that tests Alk only costs more. Our goal was to bring more value. And we have. Even in the scientific instrument community I know of no such device that does three elements like this - ongoing and automatic. The model from Hach for alkalinity only costs $13k.

I know it may seem hard to believe or understand, but for the functionality our Apex and then also the Trident provide, it is a tremendous value compared to other devices in different markets.

For instance, Hanna makes a pool monitor that measures ORP and pH and temp and has two dosing pumps. Essentially less features than an Apex base unit + DOS (no app, no WiFi, no real expansion capabilities, no switch inputs, etc) and its $1000. Apex Base and DOS is $700.

I know the hobby is expensive, but the market is way smaller than swimming pools and the R&D is super costly just the same.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any plans to come out with a cheaper version that just test alk.

No. Every other product on the market that tests Alk only costs more. Our goal was to bring more value. And we have. Even in the scientific instrument community I know of no such device that does three elements like this - ongoing and automatic. The model from Hach for alkalinity only costs $13k.

I know it may seem hard to believe or understand, but for the functionality our Apex and then also the Trident provide, it is a tremendous value compared to other devices in different markets.

For instance, Hanna makes a pool monitor that measures ORP and pH and temp and has two dosing pumps. Essentially less features than an Apex base unit + DOS (no app, no WiFi, no real expansion capabilities, no switch inputs, etc) and its $1000. Apex Base and DOS is $700.

I know the hobby is expensive, but the market is way smaller than swimming pools and the R&D is super costly just the same.

not a place or time for it but seneye has an alk unit (continuous monitoring) coming out in summer for under $199.
But there is no monitoring device out there that does all 3 major elements like the Trident and for under $600, comparing each element to be $200. SO if i was to pay $200 for each element for continuous monitoring i rather pay $600 for Trident and have a piece of mind.

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

For $600 its definitely worth the money. I dont have a new apex. So for me I have to upgrade to a new one so I am looking at least $1100.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How loud is it while running a test? Any videos available showing it running?

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i may have missed this but how long do you expect to beta test before release? and does the unit have multiple outputs for daisy chaining equipment like your other products?

thanks

robbous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i can't wait till this comes out for my 500 gallon Tank.i have the alktronic but while trying to download the firmware i somehow did something wrong ( i am not a windows person) so now i am not using it. i will buy one of these sounds like easy operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back