Trident FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

boltzfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, based on hearing about it last year I made sure to purchase all apex equip in anticipation. Dos, ddr, controller, core pump, lunar, so the invention set off a purchase of 2k worth of equipment already :)

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you should be! To be honest when I first heard about the Trident and understood it I was leery thinking it would be another difficult piece of equipment to set up, dial in and maintain. It's VERY simple to use!

Did they say anything about maintenance on the machine? Like cleaning out the titration chamber, replacing the dosing head, etc?

Is there any way to run only the alkalinty test if you think you may be having an issue in your tank? Or do you have to run the calcium/magnesium tests as well? Like can you just hit a button and then 10 mins later or whatever it tells you alkalinity?

Pretty exciting times for sure! Have you used any of the other automated alkalinity testers over the past year or so? Just wondering how you felt it compares? Didn't know if alkatronic or anyone else sent you one of theirs to test? Thanks!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did they say anything about maintenance on the machine? Like cleaning out the titration chamber, replacing the dosing head, etc?

Is there any way to run only the alkalinty test if you think you may be having an issue in your tank? Or do you have to run the calcium/magnesium tests as well? Like can you just hit a button and then 10 mins later or whatever it tells you alkalinity?

Pretty exciting times for sure! Have you used any of the other automated alkalinity testers over the past year or so? Just wondering how you felt it compares? Didn't know if alkatronic or anyone else sent you one of theirs to test? Thanks!

So I currently don’t have the answers to many of those questions and not sure what can be shared at this point. I will try and find out. I also haven’t tried the Alakatronic. I’ve heard good reports about it but I was actually holding out for something that would test the big three!

Also I am able to test alkalinity by itself and get a result minutes later. :) that’s one thing I love!

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I currently don’t have the answers to many of those questions and not sure what can be shared at this point. I will try and find out. I also haven’t tried the Alakatronic. I’ve heard good reports about it but I was actually holding out for something that would test the big three!

Also I am able to test alkalinity by itself and get a result minutes later. :) that’s one thing I love!

Awesome! Thanks @revhtree ! I might have to buy one. Just don't know if I can swing the whole controller and trident. The EL makes it not so bad I guess, but not sure if the Trident is still under $600?

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the instant alk test of the current water or would it be testing water a few hours old that was held in the lines?

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, and they said 50 yrs ago everyone would have flying cars like the Jetsons. Sometimes technology takes a bit longer to work out than previously planned.

Those darn flying cars made me a permanent pessimist. Anytime someone tells me something cool is coming in the future my first thought is “Where are the flying cars?!”

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We should at least have personal jetpacks by now.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Thanks @revhtree ! I might have to buy one. Just don't know if I can swing the whole controller and trident. The EL makes it not so bad I guess, but not sure if the Trident is still under $600?
Purchase price isn't the be all and end all, reagent cost IMO is what drives the value of these units. I'm hoping they get it a decent bit under the current guestimate thrown out there of $240 USD / year.

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchase price isn't the be all and end all, reagent cost IMO is what drives the value of these units. I'm hoping they get it a decent bit under the current guestimate thrown out there of $240 USD / year.
I’ll be happy to pay even $300 a year. Hannah checker reagents for Alk and calcium cost me $33 a month!

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terance mentioned having 6 month reagents available at a quantity discount on the live stream, if I remember correctly.

Brandon

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know they've stated that, but we don't know what percent is being talked about nor what reagent expiry time frames look like. A lot of info still to come over the following months, I'm sure they haven't set everything in stone yet.
I’ll be happy to pay even $300 a year. Hannah checker reagents for Alk and calcium cost me $33 a month!
You can go through a scientific supply store and knock off the typical 10-15% higher markup for anything Hanna related from our "hobby" sources both online and brick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back