Trident Users Check Accuracy

BRS

vic5hands

View Badges
Reaction score
How many of you after calibration of the Trident check to make sure the calibration is accurate. You can run a test using the calibration fluid as the water sample to be tested. You have to run a test but my corals are worth it .

Gtinnel

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm new to trident and only on my first set of reagents, but is there enough calibration fluid left to run a full test? I used my leftover to check my red sea tests. When I compare my red sea test results to trident they are the same within a reasonable margin or error.

Upvote 0
OP
vic5hands

vic5hands

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm new to trident and only on my first set of reagents, but is there enough calibration fluid left to run a full test? I used my leftover to check my red sea tests. When I compare my red sea test results to trident they are the same within a reasonable margin or error.
yes there is plenty of calibration fluid to run a full test

Upvote 0

jamo130788

View Badges
Reaction score
I tested the calibration fluid dkh with my Hannah and got a full 2 points difference .. I have the same difference when I measure my tank. Hanna says 9 - trident says 7. Went ahead and sent off an icp test and got the results back with a dkh of 9.1. All that being said , I think the calibration fluid is garbage ( well at least the couple bottles I got ). Not sure what do now because whenever you notify Neptune of this problem they blame the “3rd party test kits “ anyone else experience this ?

Upvote 0

Sea_Shanty_Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
You also don't need to calibrate after every reagent change. Sometimes the readings don't fluctuate at all. After a year of trident use I have probably 4-5 spare bottles of reagent between my two tanks

Upvote 0

Gtinnel

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
You also don't need to calibrate after every reagent change. Sometimes the readings don't fluctuate at all. After a year of trident use I have probably 4-5 spare bottles of reagent between my two tanks
Oh I thought it was supposed to be calibrated after replacing all 3 reagents. My trident out of the box was really far off on cal/mag before calibrating it. When I change reagents I will see if my readings still look correct.

Upvote 0
BRS

Do you have a battery backup plan in place?

• YES (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 120 40.1%
  • NO

Votes: 163 54.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 16 5.4%
Premium Algae Scrubbers from Turbo's Aquatics!