OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this via PM about my lighting.... Many black boxes can be hacked into your apex if you have the time and desire.

I have the reefbrites which are dimmed via the apex. The black boxes are all wired to the apex for on and off. Plugged into a power bar on each channel so I dont hog up all of the apex outlets. This most recent set isnt analog drivers so I cant easily wire it to the apex. If the drivers are analog dimming you can easily hack them to dim with a VDM channel. If they're PMW, you need a converter to dim them. In my case, they are resistive dimming which is too much work to hack. I also run two T-5 actinic+ bulbs over the tank for 5 hours a day.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I took a couple pictures with 100% blue and used an orange gel filter. Psycadelic!!
jpg (3 of 3).jpg
jpg (1 of 3).jpg
jpg (2 of 3).jpg
This is CRAZY!! Love it!!!

eric8625

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I was just wondering what overflow box you went with and how you like it?

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built my own overflow box to accommodate the holes that were already drilled into the end of the tank

Phelipe's Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank is incredible I have been stalking it alot lately[emoji23]im curious which black box are you using? Theres a million different boxes and spectrums and you have been so succesful with them so Im curious what brand these are. Apologies if you talked about it already but I could’t find it in the thread.

Phelipe's Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love your tank!
Beautiful corals and fish. I'm totally impressed with your Evergrow lighting setup.
Great to see one hasn't always to bite the bullet of spending big time to get awesome results. Looking forward to the next updates :)

Matze

Is evergrow the brand he is using?

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is evergrow the brand he is using?
It used to be, but now I have cheap Mars Aqua. I immediately changed the spectrum with new emitters before they went over the tank. There are 16-18 white of varying spectrum, one red, one green 2-4 UV and the rest RB with about 4 baby blue.

Phelipe's Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It used to be, but now I have cheap Mars Aqua. I immediately changed the spectrum with new emitters before they went over the tank. There are 16-18 white of varying spectrum, one red, one green 2-4 UV and the rest RB with about 4 baby blue.

Thanks!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a truly amazing tank .. gives me inspiration and motivation for my own tank .. definitely following you from now on ..!!!

There's no doubt about those CCB's. They are for real!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back