Trido's 210 In-wall

I posted this via PM about my lighting.... Many black boxes can be hacked into your apex if you have the time and desire.


I have the reefbrites which are dimmed via the apex. The black boxes are all wired to the apex for on and off. Plugged into a power bar on each channel so I dont hog up all of the apex outlets. This most recent set isnt analog drivers so I cant easily wire it to the apex. If the drivers are analog dimming you can easily hack them to dim with a VDM channel. If they're PMW, you need a converter to dim them. In my case, they are resistive dimming which is too much work to hack. I also run two T-5 actinic+ bulbs over the tank for 5 hours a day.
 
I took a couple pictures with 100% blue and used an orange gel filter. Psycadelic!!
jpg (3 of 3).jpg
jpg (1 of 3).jpg
jpg (2 of 3).jpg
This is CRAZY!! Love it!!!
 
Hey, I was just wondering what overflow box you went with and how you like it?
 
I built my own overflow box to accommodate the holes that were already drilled into the end of the tank
 
Good looking reef! appreciate you sharing your experiences.
 
This tank is incredible I have been stalking it alot lately[emoji23]im curious which black box are you using? Theres a million different boxes and spectrums and you have been so succesful with them so Im curious what brand these are. Apologies if you talked about it already but I could’t find it in the thread.
 
Love your tank!
Beautiful corals and fish. I'm totally impressed with your Evergrow lighting setup.
Great to see one hasn't always to bite the bullet of spending big time to get awesome results. Looking forward to the next updates :)

Matze

Is evergrow the brand he is using?
 
Is evergrow the brand he is using?
It used to be, but now I have cheap Mars Aqua. I immediately changed the spectrum with new emitters before they went over the tank. There are 16-18 white of varying spectrum, one red, one green 2-4 UV and the rest RB with about 4 baby blue.
 
It used to be, but now I have cheap Mars Aqua. I immediately changed the spectrum with new emitters before they went over the tank. There are 16-18 white of varying spectrum, one red, one green 2-4 UV and the rest RB with about 4 baby blue.

Thanks!
 
What a truly amazing tank .. gives me inspiration and motivation for my own tank .. definitely following you from now on ..!!!

There's no doubt about those CCB's. They are for real!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new