Trigger-pod question

Hoodstream

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, sorry if this is a dumb question. I just picked up a bottle of trigger-pods for my hang on refugium. The pods were refrigerated though. Do I need to float the bottle in the tank to temp acclimate them or can I just throw them in?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, sorry if this is a dumb question. I just picked up a bottle of trigger-pods for my hang on refugium. The pods were refrigerated though. Do I need to float the bottle in the tank to temp acclimate them or can I just throw them in?
Unless your system is kept around 68 degrees Fahrenheit, don't expect Tigger pods to last long or reproduce. They are best used in regular "tropical" tanks as a treat for your fish... If you want to establish a pod population, I've found Tisbes to be the best.
Good luck!

OP
OP
Hoodstream

Hoodstream

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless your system is kept around 68 degrees Fahrenheit, don't expect Tigger pods to last long or reproduce. They are best used in regular "tropical" tanks as a treat for your fish... If you want to establish a pod population, I've found Tisbes to be the best.
Good luck!
I’ll look into the Tisbes thank you. I only bought the triggers cause I saw a video of a dude who was able to culture millions in a bucket lol. I was hoping the Refugium would keep them safe.

Andresnyc93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on tisbes they do the best in tropical waters. Triggers are great as a snack but don’t reproduce in warmer temperatures and then you have to go through a lot of work to get them to reproduce instead of just dumping in a couple of the tisbes and not have to buy pods again

Andresnyc93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the apex pods are much better, not as big so they also have biggest chance of survival and reproduction compared to tigger pods

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back