Trigger systems bulkhead

  • Thread starter Thread starter fernalfer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fernalfer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2016
Messages
1,067
Reaction score
342
Location
Southington Ct.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know off hand what size bulkheads i would need to fit the holes going into the filter socks?
 
I believe my 30 emerald has two 1" bulkheads on top. I had to drill out to 1.5" to match my drains though.
 
I believe all of their sumps use 1" fittings, my tideline 30 has 3x 1" holes for the drain chamber. It came with slip fittings and expansion tubes in place connected by a Slip x MPT fitting, but you can swap out another 1" MPT fitting. I swapped one of the slip fittings for a gate valve on my herbie main drain (screwed valve right onto the expansion tube).
 
I believe all of their sumps use 1" fittings, my tideline 30 has 3x 1" holes for the drain chamber. It came with slip fittings and expansion tubes in place connected by a Slip x MPT fitting, but you can swap out another 1" MPT fitting. I swapped one of the slip fittings for a gate valve on my herbie main drain (screwed valve right onto the expansion tube).

I bought mine used from somebody on here and it came with no bulkheads so trying to work out a solution. I have the 36" ruby and only my 3/4 inch bulkhead fits. Weird i found one from and old tank return line but has a barb at on end. it fits perfectly. tried the 1 inch from the other 1 inch drain bulkhead and does not fit in the ruby.
 
Last edited:
EMERALD_TITLE.png




EMERALD26_SPEC.png

​
​
EMERALD26_TITLE.png

Dimensions: 26″ long x 13″ wide x 15″ high
Skimmer Section: 8.25″ x 10″
Center/Refugium Section: 7.75″ x 12.5″
Return Pump Section: 5″ x 12.5″
Total Water Volume: 20.4 gallons
Skimmer Water Level: 7″ to 9.5″ adjustable
Drain Input Fittings: 1
Filter Socks: 1
EMERALD34_SPEC.png

​
​
EMERALD34_TITLE.png

Dimensions: 34″ long x 15″ wide x 15″ high
Skimmer Section: 10″ x 14″
Center/Refugium Section: 10.25″ x 14.5″
Return Pump Section: 6″ x 14.5″
Total Water Volume: 31 gallons
Skimmer Water Level: 7″ to 9.5″ adjustable
Drain Input Fittings: 2
Filter Socks: 2
EMERALD39_SPEC.png
​
​
​
EMERALD39_TITLE.png

Dimensions: 39″ long x 16″ wide x 15″ high
Skimmer Section: 14″ x 15.5″
Center/Refugium Section: 10.5″ x 15.5″
Return Pump Section: 6″ x 15.5″
Total Water Volume: 40 gallons
Skimmer Water Level: 7″ to 9.5″ adjustable
Drain Input Fittings: two 1″ and three 1″
Filter Socks: 3
 
Ok below is some parts off another tank the drain durso into a 1 inch bulkhead and a return into a 3/4 bulk head. Now the return 3/4 bulk head is the only one that fits thru the holes on my Ruby. pics below.



 
I have the Ruby 36 and I drilled it to fit my 1.5 inch drains. I still have all 3 1 inch bulkheads I can ship them to you if you pay the shipping they are yours.
 
if your looking at my pics above maybe i'm wrong in the size of the bulkheads. The durso pipe is 1 inch going into the bulkhead but the thread on the other side is wider, same as the thread on the return pipe it is bigger so maybe that is a 1 inch bulkhead on the return pipe with a 3/4 inch pipe going into it. I'm confused.
 
The ones that came with the sump are thin and cheap feeling maybe the ones you have are schedule 80 fittings which requires a bigger hole
 
Ok i have 2 pics below showing a durso drain pipe which is 1 inch going into the bulkhead and a return pipe which is 3/4 inch going into the bulkhead. Now the thread side is wider on both sides but fits the holes on the bottom of my tank perfect. (The thread side that is.) So what size bulkheads are they? Is the one with the return pipe being 3/4 going into a 1 inch bulkhead or is it a 3/4 inch bulkhead? Also same question with the drain pipe bulkhead. what size is it.

Reason why i ask is because everyone is saying the trigger systems sump has 1 inch bulkheads yet the bulkhead that my 1 inch durso goes into does not fit. but the bulkhead that my 3/4 inch return pipe goes into does. Confused......





see the 1 inch pipe fits in bulkhead but bulkhead does not fit in trigger systems hole. But the one inch pipe not in bulkhead fits through hole.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new