Trigger systems bulkhead

  • Thread starter Thread starter fernalfer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I believe my 30 emerald has two 1" bulkheads on top. I had to drill out to 1.5" to match my drains though.
Did you use bulkheads for the new 1 1/2" holes that you drilled? I have an emerald 34 and want to use 1 1/2" drains, but it doesn't look like two 1 1/2" bulkheads will fit in the current drain area.
 
Did you use bulkheads for the new 1 1/2" holes that you drilled? I have an emerald 34 and want to use 1 1/2" drains, but it doesn't look like two 1 1/2" bulkheads will fit in the current drain area.

Nope, I just fit the pipe into the holes. I wouldn't think 2 bulkheads would fit.
 
I have the Ruby 36 and I drilled it to fit my 1.5 inch drains. I still have all 3 1 inch bulkheads I can ship them to you if you pay the shipping they are yours.
IronVulture, how did you drill the cover to fit the 1.5 drains? A hole saw? I'm trying to do the same. Thank you.
 
I used the same hole saw I needed first for the 1.5” bulk heads to drill a hole in a scrap piece of wood. I then clamped the wood centered over the factory hole. This created a guide for the hole saw so that it could not wobble.
 
I ordered 1.5" bulkheads and they are HUGE! To my understanding the trigger system has a 1" bulkhead & my 1" bulkheads fit fine in the trigger plate. Should I have bought the 1.25" instead? What bulkhead size must I order? I have a 155 gallon & I'm trying to at least get 1600 gph return rate. Thanks again for your help again.

Screenshot_20171209-213449.png


tapatalk_1508980283498.png
 
Last edited:
Hey IronVulture, I ordered 1.5" bulkheads and they are HUGE! A lot bigger than the the 4 bulkheads in my tank. To my understanding the trigger system has 1" bulkheads. Should I have bought the 1.25" instead? What bulkhead size must I order? I have a 155 gallon & I'm trying to at least get 1600 gph return rate. I'm just trying to get as much flow as possible. I have 1" bulkheads in my tank now & they are bigger than the 1" in the trigger plate. This is mind boggling. Smh. Lol. I'm using the below charts for reference.
Thanks again for your help.
 
Never mind. I tried to edit/delete the post but couldn't. 1.5 plumbing.....in the works.
 
I know this was an old thread, but I found the resolution while looking for myself to help others in the future. The trigger systems website has the 1" custom coupling replacements for sale. Looks like you can't get them anywhere else. Without them you either need to reduce to a 3/4 bulkhead or drill out the hole bigger. I'll just order new couplings for 15$ :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new