Trigger Systems Triton Sump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BobNY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone using one? I love using their Tideline series.

http://www.triggersys.com/ts/triton_sumps/

I have a Triton 44 that I haven't installed yet. It will be replacing my DIY 40g sump. I plan to make the switch after the holiday's. I am very happy with build quality. The skimmer section is a bit on the small side. Be sure to check the dimensions to make sure there is enough room for your skimmer.

action21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would second guess it guys/gals. I bought the BRS Triton 44 Trigger System designed for the Triton method. Although the refugium area is big (20gals) I have had nothing but problems with pieces of Chaeto clogging the drain holes from Refugium to skimmer area. Today, after reading on one of these forums here at R2R, I cut out 2 egg crates and zip tied them infront of adjustable baffle to skimmer area So far so good but had to sacrifice about 3" of refugium space. I am thinking of cutting (hate to do it) out the acrylic tank pieces that is between both lower and opening area coming from drain area - So I can clean the area and also thinking of putting some 4" socks on until my Chaeto grows fuller.

BobNY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would second guess it guys/gals. I bought the BRS Triton 44 Trigger System designed for the Triton method. Although the refugium area is big (20gals) I have had nothing but problems with pieces of Chaeto clogging the drain holes from Refugium to skimmer area. Today, after reading on one of these forums here at R2R, I cut out 2 egg crates and zip tied them infront of adjustable baffle to skimmer area So far so good but had to sacrifice about 3" of refugium space. I am thinking of cutting (hate to do it) out the acrylic tank pieces that is between both lower and opening area coming from drain area - So I can clean the area and also thinking of putting some 4" socks on until my Chaeto grows fuller.

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't installed my Triton 44 yet. The Chaeto is clogging the slots between the refugium and the skimmer section even with the algae blocker in place?

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting I have also bought the 44 I am waiting on my new tank to be delivered, mine is still in the box

action21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some of my chaeto would sit on bottom when it finally floated pieces went under blocker and clogged the slots. Also, thanks to these forums, I’ve learned I need a power head in Refugium even with return pump pushing 3150gph. Chaeto just wasn't getting enough flow to tumble. I ordered another 1lb of chaeto online. I would suggest having a large amount to start with because "that is the Triton Way". Otherwise you might have the mess I'm dealing with. - Just my 2 cents

1D3AD72E-6D8F-438C-A642-A5964D7FB8FC.jpeg

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back