HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0060.JPG
IMG_0065.JPG
I have what many would say " too many fish " 16 total , but with lots of rock I think that's why it works. As you can see there are alot of different kinds of corals too, all my fish get along. After adding the sargassum a few weeks ago I can honestly say I think I will not be making any new additions, unless I happen across a small male crosshatch, which I've always wanted but could not justify the cost in the past.

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
60e8f348f0d3e224bacce85545ed4ba1.jpg
got myself a bonded pair of blue jaws! Love it !!
Perfect, probably the safest bet for triggers in a reef tank. Not sure what you feed your fish but if it looks like they need to chunk up a bit get some hikari marine a pellets and give them a bunch of those before the regular feeding of the rest of the tank.

OP
OP
B

bellasdad0911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The female is good but the male is thin and needs to eat. Problem is my hippo seems to argue with the male but not the female. I feed mysis, mega marine algae and Mega marine. Just started krill too. I had to turkey baste the male to ensure he ate in his cavern. So pellets is the suggestion?

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will eat anything you throw at them as long as it's not to small where they will just ignore it, so what works for me is to give them a bunch of the pellets then I feed all of the fish frozen mysis, krill, shrimp, mega marine and brine. Buying raw shrimp at the grocery store works too but it's a little more work chopping them up into pieces and they tend to stop eating them after they had some, where the pellets they just keep sucking them down until you stop tossing them in, thinking about it all of my larger fish do the same with the pellets, and you don't get a bunch of that micro stuff from the frozen that's floats around in the tank and nobody eats.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a pair of the blue throats and they are pretty much model citizens 'at the moment' and get along with all the other fish

IMG_0978.JPG

mcbdz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love for everyone that posted on here to update on your trigers. Do you still have them? How are they doing. Any problems after all this time?

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love for everyone that posted on here to update on your trigers. Do you still have them? How are they doing. Any problems after all this time?
Yes I still have them and all 5 are doing great. They have developed a problem over this time, they have grown and now have stopped growing pretty much cuz of the size of the tank. So I came up with a solution im looking to implement within the next couple months, getting a larger tank! Here's a couple recent shots of my 2 favorite ones and a fts of there home and a vid.
20201114_105101.jpg
20210102_125001.jpg

Last edited:

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking for a coral safe trigger myself
My Clown, Assasi, Blueline, Niger and Pinktail triggers are all coral safe, haven't found one that isn't and I have alot of different types of corals for them to pick from but they ignore them. Heres a vid

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I still have them and all 5 are doing great. They have developed a problem over this time, they have grown and now have stopped growing pretty much cuz of the size of the tank. So I came up with a solution im looking to implement within the next couple months, getting a larger tank! Here's a couple recent shots of my 2 favorite ones and a fts of there home and a vid.
20201114_105101.jpg
20210102_125001.jpg

Wow this is impressive! As much as I want to add triggers and a queen angel to my reef I dont think Id bring myself to do it.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back