Triggers with issues. Help please.

  • Thread starter Thread starter leewish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

leewish

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 21, 2019
Messages
589
Reaction score
223
Location
North Wales, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi. Looking for some recommendations.

My large pink tail trigger is developing some blotches on him. Almost looks like dried glue. It’s a fowlr so definitely not glue.

My little clown trigger went through QT and at the end started developing a growth on his mouth. It has continued to grow. Please don’t judge me waiting this long to ask. I know. 😔

Treatments?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5694.mov
    26.2 MB
  • IMG_5696.mov
    33.9 MB
Hi. Looking for some recommendations.

My large pink tail trigger is developing some blotches on him. Almost looks like dried glue. It’s a fowlr so definitely not glue.

My little clown trigger went through QT and at the end started developing a growth on his mouth. It has continued to grow. Please don’t judge me waiting this long to ask. I know. 😔

Treatments?

For the pink tail trigger, that looks like a "plaque" on another trigger in a recent post:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/g...-calcified-growthspots.1160220/#post-14375219

The clown trigger has severe lymphocystis, by far, the worst I've ever seen. Is it still able to eat? Normally, you just leave lymphocystis alone and the fish voids the virus and heals in 4 to 6 weeks. When the growths involve the mouth like this, you may need to surgically "debulk" it so the fish can still feed.

Here is an article I wrote on Lymphocystis:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/lymphocystis-cauliflower-disease.1121/
 
For the pink tail trigger, that looks like a "plaque" on another trigger in a recent post:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/g...-calcified-growthspots.1160220/#post-14375219

The clown trigger has severe lymphocystis, by far, the worst I've ever seen. Is it still able to eat? Normally, you just leave lymphocystis alone and the fish voids the virus and heals in 4 to 6 weeks. When the growths involve the mouth like this, you may need to surgically "debulk" it so the fish can still feed.

Here is an article I wrote on Lymphocystis:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/lymphocystis-cauliflower-disease.1121/
Hi Jay,

It has been eating. I was thinking the same thing. It was small. Was just letting it do its thing but it keeps growing. It is still eating but not as active as it was. Obvious why it’s less. I will check out the article.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new