Trimming a Montipora Capricorn

Kahuna4reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2014
Messages
8
Reaction score
3
Location
Sacramento, ca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could use some tips on how to best trim my Montipora. I know I need to trim some from the sides, but what about the middle of it? Thanks for the help ahead of time.

Capricorn Side.jpg Capricorn Top.jpg
 
Hello newer member 🙂

I think this is a great question for the R2R #re#reefsquad This is also a great problem to have 🙂

Best of luck!
 
Last edited:
It's entirely up to you! When I trim mine I use the two finger method. Take a chip and snap it off. Glue that chunk to a frag plug and help out a local reefer just starting out!

Trimming the sides gets the shading underneath reduced. Trimming the middle keeps the shading from happening with itself.
 
I would Save 3-10 pieces to start the colony over and have a few frags for locals and toss the rest
 
It's entirely up to you! When I trim mine I use the two finger method. Take a chip and snap it off. Glue that chunk to a frag plug and help out a local reefer just starting out!

Trimming the sides gets the shading underneath reduced. Trimming the middle keeps the shading from happening with itself.
^This…

Just snap it off. It’s not much harder than a potato chip.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new