Triton after 8 months

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

djbetterly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I've been running triton for 8 months now, and I've been plagued with issues. I have what I believe is STN (whitening from bottom up on SPS), and loads of hair algae. Currently my nitrates are undetectable with the red sea kit, and my PO4 is at .04 (hanna ULR checker). My corals don't seem great, aside from the zoa's. Any thoughts?

@twilliard

Last edited:

DLuce510

A.D.I.D.A.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a Triton system as well. How big is your fuge, just a compartment in your sump, or its own tank? Triton elements has Iron in it to beef up the fuge to keep nutrients low, if the fuge is not large enough or established people have reported algae in the display. I have two fuges on a 120, one is a 30 gal cube and I have a compartment in my sump over flowing with chaeto on a reverse light cycle. There's no chance for and algae to come up in the display, it gets out competed.

OP
OP
djbetterly

djbetterly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a compartment in my sump, but it is the biggest compartment. My chaeto grows like crazy! I'm more concerned right now with the coral issues. Having STN and slow growth is my concern.

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my Dustin what we have is a mess going on!
Where do we start...
First can you post up your latest triton test?

DLuce510

A.D.I.D.A.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I don't consider Triton Elements that much more unique or different than any other company selling trace element formulas, really it comes down to I trust it and its a easy 3 part. Ive had troubles with my Acros from time to time but it has never been linked to the triton method. Its always linked to some kind of parameter swing, pest or starving my system of nutrients. N03 at undetectable has not proven a benefit to my system.

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I don't consider Triton Elements that much more unique or different than any other company selling trace element formulas, really it comes down to I trust it and its a easy 3 part. Ive had troubles with my Acros from time to time but it has never been linked to the triton method. Its always linked to some kind of parameter swing, pest or starving my system of nutrients. N03 at undetectable has not proven a benefit to my system.
You dont consider triton unique??

OP
OP
djbetterly

djbetterly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for chiming in @twilliard, I just sent a water sample out recently, so I won't hear back for some time. I'll update you when I get it back. And yes, I have a mess on my hands. My first tank was so much easier than this one....ugh.

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for chiming in @twilliard, I just sent a water sample out recently, so I won't hear back for some time. I'll update you when I get it back. And yes, I have a mess on my hands. My first tank was so much easier than this one....ugh.
Hang in there!
Something is amiss and we will find it.

Side note what percentage are you running the whites at?

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as what to dose, no, theres lots of companies that do trace elements. The testing is unique for now and the bases of Triton is but not necessarily the 3 part.
Shakes his head.
The owner (you have to listen closely) will explain what sets triton off from others

OP
OP
djbetterly

djbetterly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a modified 4 channel jebao doser. When I say modified, I mean I just changed out the pumps with japanese welco pumps. I check the calibration every two months or so, but for the most part is pretty spot on.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back