triton milk container leaking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snapshot of my fridge today

package.jpg

And so it has looked at least the last 20 years regarding packaging of liquids in Sweden.
Leakage? - yes maybe one every teen year

Thank you for also introduce this industry to the 21st century :)

Sincerely Lasse
Please don't keep Core7 in the fridge though! :D :D

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please don't keep Core7 in the fridge though! :D :D

A big No-NO :)

I have tried with chemicals there before, but my wife is a former kitchen assistant - my life was not so much worth at that moment. Both the chemicals and I had to leave very fast – they from the fridge and I from the kitchen :)

Sincerely Lasse

bdejong1112o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So @Tim@Triton, not sure that linking will work.. lol...

Let me put a positive spin on this as an actual customer. I have a new tank and designed it to run Triton. So I placed my order and recieved the leaky bottles. I reached out to Tim and was told to work with who I bought them from. I contacted BRS and allmwas resolved.

This has been known for some time and I recieved a replacement set with no cost to me. Truth be told replacement set leaked as well. BRS stood behind the product and issued a refund at MY request as I have chosen to wait until the new product is in the channel.

What did I get out of it? Close to a full set of suppliments to start my tank off for free, well for the time and trouble. Full disclosure from Tim@Triton of the issue and what they are doing to fix it.

So, I think i came out ok and I am understanding of the fact that sometimes things dont go as planned. Triton, through thier distributors, replaced and then refunded me for the issue so I am more than satisfied. They also stated the issue has been identified and resolved so what more needs to be said.

So, hey Tim@Triton, thanks go to you and BRS for making it right with me. I am good with it. Here is some positive PR from an actual customer and I will give it up for free.

needbiggertanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tim@Triton

Thank you for addressing the rediculus amount of comments against ur product.

First, as a Marine biogeochemist i applaud ur attempt at carbon and plastics reductions, as all people should.

Second, i am sure buying the equipment to utilize the boxes was more of an upfront cost than just buying the containers, so not sure about that prfit complaint.

Third, I feel bad for the people who had the leaking containers but hopefully a lot of people avoided the issue by using it as a container refill as opposed to a dosing container.

Fourth, I feel you have been handling it well, and i dont think you need to do more for PR, every product has had an issues. Just look at the internet reviews of basically anything.

Fifth, if you did end up increasing the price of the supplements to cover any costs related to keeping the bottles (mentioned in the thread somewhere) you would have people complaining that Triton is "Price gouging an already expensive hobby" so, you now, lose/lose type if situation.

So seriously, I feel your good PR comes with the tremendous effort you have put into answering all of the questions, accusations, and hard decisions you had to make as a company over the past few weeks.

It sucks that it happened, and hopefully noone had any permanent repercussions. Good luck moving forward.

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys for the kind words.

We pride ourselves on not being like the others and leading the way, but innovation always comes at a cost, we make the hard decisions and get to deal with the flack that comes with it, and then witness the competition getting the easy ride once everyone has accepted the future and we have done the hard work for them.

We wouldn't have it any other way though!

rockskimmerflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have been through 17 sets already then surely you have plenty of empty bottles to re-use and use the cartons as refills like they are intended.

The eco friendly line as you put it is just one of the many reasons that the change was made, reduction in plastic, massively reduced carbon footprint for transport, production, and storage, and also scaleability for production. We make all the products ourselves in house, we do not just get a company out in Eastern Europe to create the products for us and stick our name on it like other companies do, that way we can gaurentee that our products are of the highest standard, with that said with the ever increasing demand for the products there was no way that we could produce enough product with the old packaging as the storage requirements for the empty bottles alone were bigger than the whole facility! The new packaging has enabled us to produce a lot more. As for profit margins you can see that we have already dropped the MAP in Europe and the rest of the world will most likely follow in the future once importing overheads are reduced.

Of course I have tons of spare sets of 1L jugs but that isn't the point at all is it. You didn't really read what I wrote did you. My number 1 concern has nothing to do with the packaging being cheaper for you, eco friendly, or otherwise. That's all fine and dandy. It lies in the fact that these are inherently lower strength units and I expect to have more of them rupture in shipping. If out of every 5 sets I order 1 of them has a leaking carton from rough shipping then it no longer becomes a pleasant transaction for me. I do not want to have to consistently make claims for and deal with replacing sets when they arrive damaged. I had one of the older bottle type sets come in where the box was literally smashed to oblivion and the bottles inside were still perfect. That had me sold on the quality of your product as a total package.

I absolutely get the scalability issue with storing rigid containers, but planning for success and expansion of a product line is part of business. To me the switch to the carton style packaging obviously makes sense for in house ease of production increase, but as an overall look for a company establishing itself as a premium reef supplement brand I think it was an absolutely terrible choice. Your original bottles IMO were the best vessel I'd seen 2 part sold in. And now those cartons just feel cheap to me and it makes an impact with my clientele as well. Even the cheapy PP black containers brightwell reef code comes in looks better to me now. I doubt you have any plans in changing back now that you've put the initial investment into the packaging system, but I wish you had polled customers or done a test run to at least gauge the customer response. If there was any way to produce the bottled product at a much lower volume alongside the new cartons and sell the bottles at a price premium I'd be on board in a second. Would be interesting to see how many people would opt to put more money in your pocket simply to have a more pleasant product experience.

Pakito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys for the kind words.

We pride ourselves on not being like the others and leading the way, but innovation always comes at a cost, we make the hard decisions and get to deal with the flack that comes with it, and then witness the competition getting the easy ride once everyone has accepted the future and we have done the hard work for them.

We wouldn't have it any other way though!
however, even in Italy same problem, this morning bought a triton core kit 7 other methods and the container 3a results with losses and at the base of the tetrapack as if it had become solid, it was better to spend a few euro more and not have problems, now to replace it between diesel and highway I can buy a new kit mha !!!

OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jesus... some people are really wound tight.

I received a leaking container.. called BRS and received a free replacement.. took 3 minutes. You know what I did after? Moved on with my life.
Did you run out and have to wait and wait and wait.....then wait more. If they did not have sooo many shipping issues and the product was restocked quickly then there may not be that many upset people.
I ran out of Triton waiting for the free replacement order and had to switch back to my 2 part...alk dropped to 6.8. I lost at least 20 sps frags so far. Then following week after running out I receive my free replacement.
That will make you want to say F it and leave the hobby. I'm one more "issue" away from leaving the hobby. This is "people are really wound tight"

Gil03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not exactly sure how this all played out but as a company that in this case makes a liquid housed in a carton that probably will be around electrical devices finds out that their containers are faulty and are leaking the right thing to do would be to halt production of said containers and immediately inform distributors to remove their items from the shelves until further notice. During this time the company should release the findings through their media outlets such as forums/websites etc in an effort to alert all customers of the potential risks of the problem. The Free Replacements of damaged goods is a given and doesn't even need be discussed, the information dispersed/ how its dispersed and how much of it however is what really matters. Correct me if I'm wrong but the original reply from Triton seemed as though they were just interested in customers who are experiencing the problem and not so much in alerting the existing/potential community with the potential dangers. I want a company that is pro-active not just re-active. Again, I don't know the full story but if it didn't go as outlined above IMO there's some priorities that need adjusting.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back