triton milk container leaking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my latest shipment and no leaks..:):):):):). This is just a funny post meant to make light of the situation... 20180306_171718.jpg

That is so wrong, but still so hilarious!!! You are my new hero.

Wish I could like it more than once!!

M

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my 2nd shipment of Triton core7 containers.
1. Leaked a lot
2. Leaked a little
3a. Half the liquid gone.
3b. Half the liquid gone.

The 1 st shipment of Triton arrived to me in milk containers but did not leak.
This was my initial set up of the triton system.
I ordered the 2nd shipment and expected the bottles NOT to leak but I have like half the product I paid for.

I'm angry!
I said I'm ticked but it got edited with asterisks.

Last edited:

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this does not get corrected I'm going with ATI Essentials.

I need product that is in stock regularly and does not leak.
It would be nice to order triton when I need it and have it arrive whole with no leaks but that seems to be a challenge for triton.
Product is very seldom in stock and when it is in stock and you are one of the luck ones who gets to order it, the product arrives damaged with leaks and you only get half of what you paid for.
On top of that, the retailer can't just replace your order because there is no stock.

This is bad Triton.
How are you going to addrrss this in a permanent solution?

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone here use ATI Essentials?
How much do you dose?

If I'm reading correctly, for my 110 gallon mixed reef I should be dosing just over 100ml of AIT Essentials per day?
That is a LOT of dosing to start.

I'm currently dosing 14ml of Triton per day (still adjusting my dose but I'm in the ballpark).

I use diy voss bottles for dosing containers with Triton.
What would I have to use with ATI? I don't have room for 5 gallon buckets.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ati is very diluted compared to triton.

That might be correct. 36ml of ati 1 increases the the kh of 100l by 1 dkh

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much do you dose?

If I'm reading correctly, for my 110 gallon mixed reef I should be dosing just over 100ml of AIT Essentials per day?

I'm currently dosing 14ml of Triton per day (still adjusting my dose but I'm in the ballpark).

I'm using ATI Essentials with very good results, but you do have to dose alot because it's diluted. I use one gallon water jugs. I'm dosing 60 mls in a 50 gallon sps tank

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much do you dose?

Yeah, I have a 200 gallon system. I looked into ATI also but at that rate it would be cheaper to do saltwater changes.

I'm dosing 30ml of each Triton element a day.

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bottles come in 500ml and 1000ml.
The 1000ml bottles make 10L of solution. I have them in walmart stackable water jugs in my closet. Fill my dosing containers as needed.

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bottles come in 500ml and 1000ml.
The 1000ml bottles make 10L of solution. I have them in walmart stackable water jugs in my closet. Fill my dosing containers as needed.

Are you saying you mix the ati solution with rodi? So each 1000ml bottle actually makes 10 liters?

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0001.JPG
what i store them in. Would mix in buckets though.

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a whole lot of liquid to store and a whole lot to dose everyday!

I truly hope Triton gets on their "A" game soon because I don't want to have 5gal buckets hanging around to store solution and 1gal jugs as dosing containers.

OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping this thread for anyone looking to use Triton.

This popped up on my FB feed today. 2 years ago today I made the worst decision in my Reef Tank Hobby by trusting a company that cares more about saving the world than they do about our animals in out tanks.

History repeats itself.

Screenshot_20191111-181515_Facebook.jpg

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping this thread for anyone looking to use Triton.

This popped up on my FB feed today. 2 years ago today I made the worst decision in my Reef Tank Hobby by trusting a company that cares more about saving the world than they do about our animals in out tanks.

History repeats itself.

Screenshot_20191111-181515_Facebook.jpg

Come on Jimmy you know better than that, there switch was never about the environment. All about maximizing profits using cheaper containers.

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your input. We have become accustomed to the negativity and trolling on these types of forums worldwide. Truth be told this issue was solved over 18 months ago when we shifted to powdered products and improved packaging during shipment.

TRITON remains proud of being the first aquarium company to make the move towards sustainable packaging. We will never be afraid of making innovative decisions that help reduce the amount of plastic that inevitably ends up polluting the very oceans where most of our animals are sourced.

Now for some real facts...

TRITON, unlike most other companies in the industry, produce almost all of our products and all are packed in-house. This allows us to design supplements and treatments specifically for reef aquariums, maintaining our intellectual property and ensuring that we cannot be copied and our products remain unique.

In answer to the above misinformation that this form of packaging is somehow cheaper to produce and aimed at maximising our profits, TRITON invested over US$660,000 to purchase the tetra carton machine. The move to sustainable packaging came at great cost to our company.

Please keep in mind that, along with many other ground breaking innovations, TRITON is the first company that developed its own method for testing aquarium water via ICP-OES and proved its application and benefits to reef husbandry. We were the first company to research and allow aquarists to manage trace elements in the home aquarium and now with N-DOC are providing the first true insights into nutrient management.

TRITON's innovations and actions to date shows that we care less about profits and more about the success of our users and the animals in their tanks than any other aquarium company worldwide.

Last edited:

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triton makes great products and has always stood behind any issues in my experience. I've received some leaking containers myself back in the day and was promptly shipped new ones (I haven't had any issues in over a year now though). Why the hate? Last time we went through this negativity Triton vanished from the forums.... let's not repeat the harassment to the point that they leave the forums again please.

Back